Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Vdubs and reliability

Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 PM
McLovin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these partsBLACK JEFF is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Vdubs and reliability

i've never had any problems vw/audi. i used to beat the shit out of my 97 vr6 turbo and allmotor. the car and i loved every minute of it. and yes, stay away from eip!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:43 AM
I hate soccermoms

v8Buster has disabled reputation

well I own a CRX and a 95 Jetta, the only problem with this car is it leaks somewhere, that the headunit buttons will short out, so gotta use the remote, and the rear driverside window wire to keep it from falling snapped, and the moonroof broke (sat for 6 months) thats probably why, but besides that, its a nice car, just needs a tune up and an oul change every 2500 miles.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

t1maay has disabled reputation

I love my MKIV Jetta, the 99.5s probably gonna have more problems than a later model, because it is the first year of the new body style. I had an MAF sensor go bad, and Ive got a misfire, but aside from that, Ive had no problems with mine.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

Enriched has disabled reputation

a CERTAIN vdub owner told me those 2 words dont go together,lol
Old 10-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

My mom's 03 passat 1.8t is still running strong.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
INCONCEIVABLE!

MeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to allMeanGreenGSX is a name known to all

Vdubs are as reliable as a dsm and as hard to fix as a porsche. They suck in my book. I remeber back at the beg of the year some company ranked all the car comps on relaibility and vw was one of the worst, like 27 of 35. Not sure if thats exact, going from memory of the article. I do remember subaru being #2 haha!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Fattony has disabled reputation

VW make some great engines as far a reliabitly goes they make good engines, BUT as far as wiring and everything else Mexicans do it to keep cost down and they are pices of shit(this is not an insult on Mexicans if you look at all VW they are assembled in Mexico) and most jetta owners know sometimes the front right head light and right rear tail light will go out randomly this is all electrical problems, the cars usualy are not grounded well, my brother has a 97 GTI VR6 it was a great car untill 75thou then the electrical problems started and every once and a while they will short or blow out a light. My sister has a 02 Passat great car but every once and a while some light will blow out still under warrenty but I told her as soon as the warrenty is up sell the car. Like I said great engines, shitty electronics, my .02

Tony
Old 10-04-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by turbowho
The 06 had a feature that will leave the parking lights on after the car has been turned off. it is an european feature that has since been removed
It has not been removed, The Feature you speak of is the "Leaving Home Feature", It is standard on all 06/07 Cars, including Rabbit. It can be turned on/off thru the MFI, going to the Comfort / Conveniece(sp*) tab.

My Passat has had 3 engines put in, but my payments are redicolously cheap and i can turn it in anytime i want and not get hit with a loss (Demo R&D)

In a couple weeks I may get a Tiquan... (shhh i didnt say that..)
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

almost all the VW owners i've been around have headaches, i'd rather get a DSM than a VW
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

^Vw's arent all that bad..

I see 50-60 VW's a day and they arent all that problematic, most of the cars that come in for a check engine light only need a Coolant Temp Sensor and they back on the road with out problems.