Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Virginia Inspection Question

Old 04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Taking the shot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Virginia Inspection Question

ya i thought about that afterwards but what about things like porsches?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by hondakidn06
lol. you make me laugh. Dont have to have a muffler. haha. Ive had trucks fail inspection due to no muffler.
You got dicked. FC735 knows his shit. I can remember a time when he had something in his avatar/profile about not messaging him with inspection questions. He was getting bothered way too often. lol
Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Corey
You got dicked. FC735 knows his shit. I can remember a time when he had something in his avatar/profile about not messaging him with inspection questions. He was getting bothered way too often. lol

yeah, its almost like i'm a VA state inspector or something

i really hated seeing PM's from people with some form of LSswap, GSR, honda, ricer, or Vtec in their screen names.

Originally Posted by hondakidn06
lol. you make me laugh. Dont have to have a muffler. haha. Ive had trucks fail inspection due to no muffler.
something was off then. cause nowhere in the code book does it say that you have to have a muffler. in fact, in the latest version of the handbook, there is a nice little note in bold about halfway down page 300-1.

NOTE: If a vehicle is inspected that does not have a muffler, the inspector should explain to the customer that although the vehicle will pass inspection without a muffler, it is a violation of State Law for the vehicle to be operated on the highway without it
Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Originally Posted by fc735
in fact, in the latest version of the handbook, there is a nice little note in bold about halfway down page 300-1.

NOTE: If a vehicle is inspected that does not have a muffler, the inspector should explain to the customer that although the vehicle will pass inspection without a muffler, it is a violation of State Law for the vehicle to be operated on the highway without it
Yea, alot of shit is like this, same with ride height. iirc, when I got my car inspected, the inspector said he didn't care, he just had to see it as "visibly in alignment, and at a reasonable height" It's only the troopers that pull out the tape measure to measure bumper height.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Get'em Joey.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Philbert
Get'em Joey.
heres a good way to solve the problem, Phil did you pass inspection with them?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Ha.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

thehollowkrew has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by benflagg
No sir, there is usualy another trunk behind the engine like in MK1 or MK2 MR2s. Oddly enough thoe the MK3 had no trunk what so ever, another reasone why the MK3 was the least popular member of the MR2 family.
those are mid-engine buddy
porsches are rear-engine
Old 04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally Posted by s13nnva23
in va it has to be past the passenger compartment. also it has to be OEM spec to pass inspection. now if u have antique tags for the car then u can do what you want to it but it still has to go past the passenger compartment but it just means u can get away with alittle more. hope this helps
This is wrong. It has to be OEM spec to be street legal but as long as you have a cat and exit behind the rear wheels, you pass S.I. (And no leaks.)

Last edited by The Wok; 04-30-2007 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

srt-4's dont have mufflers, and most owners run side exit or dump and pass inspection all the time................

Quick Reply: Virginia Inspection Question