Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VIRGINIA STATE POLICE

Old 10-04-2006 | 12:10 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK
Default Re: VIRGINIA STATE POLICE

the only way its not gonna be accurate is if its raining or if he is standing outside of the car, with the gun pointing towards the ground and while he brings it up he is holding the trigger
Old 10-04-2006 | 12:10 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by crxnfx
the best way to attempt to beat it would be to get the records of the radar. They are supposed to have the radar calibrated everyday (its a lenghty process at that) but how often do you think a cop/state trooper/law enforcement agent really does that?

Get the records. Its a start.
wow someone has never been to court...the issuing officer has to present documentation of the radar gun at every hearing showing that it has been calibrated before every use..
Old 10-04-2006 | 12:16 PM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

100-125 dollars please says the state
Old 10-04-2006 | 12:47 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by colexcore
wow someone has never been to court...the issuing officer has to present documentation of the radar gun at every hearing showing that it has been calibrated before every use..
Old 10-04-2006 | 01:03 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The ticket states 10 instead of 9 mph over. Cop thought you were a recycled douche. Don't go to court, pay the fine.
Old 10-05-2006 | 02:25 PM
Registered Member

QuickV6 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Not Stock
The ticket states 10 instead of 9 mph over. Cop thought you were a recycled douche. Don't go to court, pay the fine.
I agree it is not worth your time going to court eathier way you are going to pay the same.
Old 10-06-2006 | 07:10 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by vtecjunkie
is radar accurate when you are passing the cop who is coming the opposite way....???? i just got 55 in a 45 and dont think i was going that fast....
Yes.
Old 10-06-2006 | 07:11 PM
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by crxnfx
the best way to attempt to beat it would be to get the records of the radar. They are supposed to have the radar calibrated everyday (its a lenghty process at that) but how often do you think a cop/state trooper/law enforcement agent really does that?

Get the records. Its a start.
Yep, very lengthy process, takes all of about 1 minute before and after a shift. The tuning forks (instrument used to do the 1 min daily calibration) get calibrated every 6 months.
Old 10-06-2006 | 07:23 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

Originally Posted by SMOKEYBEAR
Yep, very lengthy process, takes all of about 1 minute before and after a shift. The tuning forks (instrument used to do the 1 min daily calibration) get calibrated every 6 months.
Well there you have it, straight from smokey himself.
Old 10-06-2006 | 09:16 PM
d00d

duder is an unknown quantity at this point

Every trick that people just mentioned to try and get around the fact that you are guilty will not work. Curves, rain, hills, calibration= bullshit. It is not going to get you off. Sure, you can go to court if you feel like wasting your own time, and giving the officer over-time pay. You have that right.

Quick Reply: VIRGINIA STATE POLICE