Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What dealerships will get the GTR in VA?

Old 07-08-2008 | 08:22 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme
Default Re: What dealerships will get the GTR in VA?

Originally Posted by WillSol
+1...

IF you had the money to buy one you would already know.

Since you\'re not buying one what do you plan on doing just going to the lot to stare at them?
if it was a more realistic car, sure. but it's not and not likely it'll sit on a showroom floor nearby for long (if so i can see maybe stopping in on your lunchbreak).
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:43 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

First one just delivered..

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/07/t...d-at-12-01-am/
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:46 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still chuckling at the midget in the background.

Last edited by Black Nugget; 07-08-2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2008 | 08:49 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

There are quite a few sitting at the port in Newport News. I've heard (from employees) that the Nissan dealership on Mercury is slated to get quite a few cars.
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:01 AM
MOB
Versus1

MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB MOB

Originally Posted by Corey
There are quite a few sitting at the port in Newport News. I've heard (from employees) that the Nissan dealership on Mercury is slated to get quite a few cars.
+1 Pomoco Nissan in Hampton is supposed to be getting at least 3. And last I heard was that 2 were already sold.
Old 07-08-2008 | 10:47 AM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

We are getting one at Nissan of NN down jefferson by Ft. Eustis.

we only have one tech that is qualified to work on them, but he isnt registered for class for the GTR training until september. So we wont get one until after hes done with that training.

BUT, we just got our GTR compliant lifts put in today. and the GM is talking about sending that tech to school sooner, so we can get the GTR quicker.
Old 07-08-2008 | 10:52 AM
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face

Originally Posted by Black Nugget

I'm still chuckling at the midget in the background.
its hard to see him, is that you?
Old 07-08-2008 | 10:52 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

PM Rich, see if he can help you out with something a bit more witty. That was pretty sad.
Old 07-08-2008 | 12:20 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by BONG
We are getting one at Nissan of NN down jefferson by Ft. Eustis.

we only have one tech that is qualified to work on them, but he isnt registered for class for the GTR training until september. So we wont get one until after hes done with that training.

BUT, we just got our GTR compliant lifts put in today. and the GM is talking about sending that tech to school sooner, so we can get the GTR quicker.

Whats special about these lifts???
Old 07-08-2008 | 01:45 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Whats special about these lifts???
supposedly the GTR is like 5 inches off the ground. Nissan is being picky about certain specs of their lifts and whatnot.

The average lifts that accommodate normal everyday cars are too tall off the ground. The GTR cant fit.

So they said for any dealership to get a GTR, the dealer must have a GTR approved type lift, that is lower then 5 inches to the ground.

They have longer ramps for the GTR to roll up on, and have more ground clearance or something. IM not EXACTLY sure why, but whatever. we got new lifts today.

Nissan will be coming to our shop to inspect all the other equipment pretty soon, and they will let us know what has to be replaced/repaired to get a GTR.

BTW: only GTR techs can touch the car. Normal techs cant even adjust the tire pressures. Its stupid, but that will fade out soon after its release.

Quick Reply: What dealerships will get the GTR in VA?