Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What do to? Legally?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: What do to? Legally?

Give the autobody shop the award for best repair. If you can't tell it was in a wreck but there is evidence it has been by repair work. They did a good job to get that car straight again.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Originally Posted by JBee99
Give the autobody shop the award for best repair. If you can't tell it was in a wreck but there is evidence it has been by repair work. They did a good job to get that car straight again.
No shit. This car looks fab for 04. Clean lines...everything aligned correctly. I was snowed.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Originally Posted by JBee99
It's a used car dealer on Route 1 in Stafford.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
PDX
GoDucks.com

PDX is on a distinguished road

Yes Virginia does have lemon laws and yes on getting a lawyer cause the only the law applies is if they had prior knowledge of the damage before they sold it to you. Basically they have deniability on their side and you have to prove otherwise.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

DC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to allDC97Cobra is a name known to all

I would try to work with the dealership on taking another vehicle in an even trade or ask to see if they can find another 350z that is similar but with no damages. If they are not willing to work with you on this after trying multiple avenues, then get a lawyer involved. I would talk to one first and inform him of the situation as well as pass all paperwork and notes of you working with the dealer to try and resolve this.

Something else that might help is to contact your insurance agent about the cars damage. They would probably know the laws as well and assist you in finding the right path. If they turn around and state that they will not insure the vehicle due to safety concerns, it might help you build up your case.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by PDX
Yes Virginia does have lemon laws and yes on getting a lawyer cause the only the law applies is if they had prior knowledge of the damage before they sold it to you. Basically they have deniability on their side and you have to prove otherwise.
You don't know what the lemon law is apparently.

It doesnt apply to used cars.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:42 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

ya and most used cars are AS-IS no warranties.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Mad Scientist

I'm not looking for a warraty on frame damage.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:17 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

i know but i think that if you signed anything saying as is, then you might be screwed because you bought it as it is and its your fault for not checking it out better. i know it sucks. i hope everything works out for you though.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

VA Lemon Law

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/webdoc/ci...s/lemonlaw.asp

Quick Reply: What do to? Legally?