Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

What do to? Legally?

Old 04-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Logic is my religion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default Re: What do to? Legally?

Just call a lawyer man, don't take legal advice from the internet.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Originally Posted by SlowGhost
No offense..This is not a new car. and Frame damage is not applicable under the lemon law. I've been down that road.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Mad Scientist

nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire nitefire

Originally Posted by benflagg
Just call a lawyer man, don't take legal advice from the internet.
Na, I like listening to peoples stories. It helps me not feel so bad. Maybe might find somebody who's been through it.

Plan of attack...

I'm gonna contact BBB
I'm gonna go visit the us Attorny generals office <got hook ups there>
I'm gonna hire the best automotive lawyer who specializes in this type of stuff.

Goal, put these fuckers out of business if they make sue them. They told me over the phone they ran the car fax report when they got the car from auction and knew about the accident. So I can't prove that they knew about the frame damage but they omitted the wreck. So I'm hoping it's enough to scare them into buying the car back. I really hate to sue somebody but I'm not gonna roll over and make payments on a 24k paper weight.

Yes, there is an AS-IS warranty. But I'm not looking for warranty work. I'm looking for a refund. The wreck wasn't disclosed and I'm hoping their bad business practices will hurt them. Nor am I looking for warranty work to have the car fixed. It clearly states all pre-exisiting issues will be not be covered via the as-is warranty. This leave refunding wide open. It protects the dealership from repairing the car for free.

I have the documentation from the dealership on the damage. So I'm getting documentation from everyone. If they don't take the bait tomorrow I'll put the car in the body shop and get a written estimate on how much to fix it. present that at the court appearance. If the inside if messed up enough to fubar the rag top I'd be pretty sure they'll total the car.

Last edited by nitefire; 04-26-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

cpakc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another Avenue you could explore is how this car passed VA safety inspection with frame damage? You know and I know they had their resident flunkie slap a sticker on there, but it could be a small bit of leverage over several other factors that get them to take it back.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by cpakc1
Another Avenue you could explore is how this car passed VA safety inspection with frame damage? You know and I know they had their resident flunkie slap a sticker on there, but it could be a small bit of leverage over several other factors that get them to take it back.
Nice, failed to even ponder that.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 PM
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by nitefire
I have the documentation from the dealership on the damage. So I'm getting documentation from everyone. If they don't take the bait tomorrow I'll put the car in the body shop and get a written estimate on how much to fix it. present that at the court appearance. If the inside if messed up enough to fubar the rag top I'd be pretty sure they'll total the car.
You know if they total the car. Then Maybe carfax might buy the car back? Cause carfax only really protects the buying from titles that have been altered or false or change after it changes ownership. So maybe it might fall into carfax area if it is totalled.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Mad Scientist

Gay, so the us attorny generals office says that legally no dealership is not required to inform you that the vehicle has been in an accident.

Further more if you don't ask your stuck with the god damn car. Can somebody tell me where the hell the consumer protection is here. Basically, we can get ass raped by any one with a dealers liscense and get to bend over and and take it? I fail to see how this is good business practices.

Come the U.S. Where it is legal to butt rap folks and they have no legal recourse.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by nitefire
Gay, so the us attorny generals office says that legally no dealership is not required to inform you that the vehicle has been in an accident.

Further more if you don't ask your stuck with the god damn car. Can somebody tell me where the hell the consumer protection is here. Basically, we can get ass raped by any one with a dealers liscense and get to bend over and and take it? I fail to see how this is good business practices.

Come the U.S. Where it is legal to butt rap folks and they have no legal recourse.
It is you. You should have asked for a carfax on any used car before buying it. You didn't and therfore a lesson learned. Always research and ask about a car before buying it. Furthermore you have to ask about any prior accidents. It is not the dealership that has to disclose this to you(afterall they are selling it).
Old 04-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Mad Scientist

Post Re: What do to? Legally?

Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is you. You should have asked for a carfax on any used car before buying it. You didn't and therfore a lesson learned. Always research and ask about a car before buying it. Furthermore you have to ask about any prior accidents. It is not the dealership that has to disclose this to you(afterall they are selling it).
So lets all start dealerships and sell bullshit cars and hide behind the law.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Not all dealerships do this. A lot of your used car lot, private dealers do.

Quick Reply: What do to? Legally?