Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: Build Bullitt or Buy GT500
Build the Bullitt
5.00%
Buy the GT500
37.50%
Mustang suck and you should buy something else
57.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

What does Driven think?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
VIVA LA FRONTERA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez
Default Re: What does Driven think?

Originally Posted by Flinch
Sell it for something hailing from the area you're moving to.
There we go
Old 03-15-2010, 08:26 PM
OnGravityZero

WavyJdm WavyJdm

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
New GT500 is nice looking, but I just hate the way they (mustangs in general, haven't driven a new GT500) drive.
its nice but imo i hate mustangs period too because of its handling, even though my friend has one and his is nice and we be pickin up bitches at school easily because of his car.
(not trying to say that a mustang is the shit.)..
but yo should should buy the gt500
but idk at the same time built is kinda better

Last edited by WavyJdm; 03-15-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

New GT500 is nice looking, but I just hate the way they (mustangs in general, haven't driven a new GT500) drive... you sit "on" them vs. "in" them and the steering wheel/shifter spacing blows. Go drive a Corvette or a Porsche and you'll never want to be in a Mustang for performance driving again. They make fine commuters and great drag cars, but at the end of the day there are better options out there.

Not sure how much a new GT500 is going for but I have to believe you can get a low mileage C6Z06 for similar (or most likely less) coin.
You should know Ive driven both Vettes and Porsche - I like them but I do hate the way a porsche looks. Vette I love but to buy one I would have to do it before I left the states which means I would have to take a loss on the Bullitt and I wont do that.

The main reason Im even considering this is because I can sell the Bullitt in Germany for profit and the GT500 can be ordered through AAFES New Car sales at sticker or below.
I could order a vette as well but I dont want that big of a car payment.

Originally Posted by Topik
Will, if its just between the two mustangs I'd definitely go w/ the GT500 for 2 reasons: Resale value and warranty.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Flinch
Sell it for something hailing from the area you're moving to.
It is a possibility but I wont know till I get there... I still love a perfect E30 M3 more than my wife but it would have to be the right price, time, and so on.

A new M3 is also possible but it would depend on how cheap I could get one out the door through the AAFES car sales program
Originally Posted by yanko 15
i voted build the bullit
I have really wanted to build something and the Bullitt is a special car to me

Originally Posted by ej1995
the bullitt looks better imo, how much money would you put in it? and what kinda power do you want to make? if you've got the money i believe that hellion makes a twin turbo kit for those. but like it was stated before, you've got warranty, etc. with a new car...
I would be putting about 8K or maybe 9K into it and I dont want turbo. I want Kenne Bell.

Originally Posted by blah
Why are you stuck on Mustangs?
Since driving the Bullitt they have grown on me and the GT500 for 2011 just impresses me even more.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

A LS3 vette is still a better car than the poopstang... and they MSRP in the mid 40s new... what can you get the Mustang for? Shoot look at a new Grand Sport!

Used C6Z's are $38-$42k now.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

A LS3 vette is still a better car than the poopstang... and they MSRP in the mid 40s new... what can you get the Mustang for? Shoot look at a new Grand Sport!

Used C6Z's are $38-$42k now.
If I get a vette Im not going to be happy unless I get a Z06 its one of those cars where I would only be happy with a top of the line model.
As for the GT500 it would be in the 40s as well.

A used one is not an option as I wont turn a profit on the Bullitt. Picking up a used vette in Germany would cost a ton. To make this work with an option of buying something else I cannot loose money on the Bullitt.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Will Sol
A new M3 is also possible but it would depend on how cheap I could get one out the door through the AAFES car sales program
Something to look into if you want a Audi/BMW/Mercedes is that you can pick one up directly from the plants and the savings are substantial.

Out of your choices, I'd go with the GT500 for the glory of the warranty. A fun car is way more fun when all you have to worry about is putting gas in the tank.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by blah
Something to look into if you want a Audi/BMW/Mercedes is that you can pick one up directly from the plants and the savings are substantial.
Out of your choices, I'd go with the GT500 for the glory of the warranty. A fun car is way more fun when all you have to worry about is putting gas in the tank.
I am thinking of a BMW.... only an M series though. BMW has a us military sales program and I hope to see significant drop in price if I go that route.
The only Audi I like I can't afford anyway and the merc that I like is still way to much money.

I do like the idea of GT500 with warranty.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:04 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

GT500 for the warranty.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

build the bullet was my opinion.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Registered member

As of right now I have decided to not build the Bullitt.

I'm very interested to see what I can sell it for in Germany.

Quick Reply: What does Driven think?