Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: What would you do
Take motor back and give him his money
4.35%
Say sorry, and might wanna take someone who knows motors with him next time
95.65%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

What would you do??

Old 10-05-2006, 05:50 AM
S2k'd again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What would you do??

Originally Posted by Illegal
all sales final. It's not to much work, it's not like he's boring it over at home with a dremel! The pistons dont matter because he should replace them anyway for a good build to adjust his compression. New pistons, a full set, can be as low as 150 total, if they are stock material.
Why I offered him 150 back. I didn't have to or want to do that, but I did offer it, in trying to make the deal as much of a win win for both of us.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:52 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

A couple years ago I would have answered differently then I will now…but after selling some cars/parts over the last few years this is how I feel about it now.
I go through a PITA answering tons of questions about what I’m selling, meeting with people, bartering offers etc. First person to come up with the money on a legit deal gets it. After the transaction goes down if they don’t want it…sell it to someone else.
This same thing happened to me with an intake manifold I sold it cheap as shit b/c it was a little nicked up, sent high res pictures from all angles. The kid gets it (shipped) and says he wants his $$ back b/c it’s banged up, I told him that’s why he got it so cheap, if he didn’t want it sell it to someone else.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:01 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Text him back and say "Sorry, changed my mind. You bought the motor AS IS and now I'm not giving you money for a piston."
Old 10-05-2006, 06:05 AM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Text him back and say "Sorry, changed my mind. You bought the motor AS IS and now I'm not giving you money for a piston."

Pretty much whats going to happen

I feel bad for him as he doesn't have a car right now. The motor he had blew up, So I feel for him. But, I can't let that get in the way of a deal that went down, and after him looking at it twice.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

I'd want proof, and if what he is saying is true, then I'd give him a cut back.

I just like to end on good terms. The only person I wouldn't help on a sale was a guy who bought a radar detector from me because it didn't pick up every cop car. Um radar detector w/o laser detection. Basically the buyer should have done more research.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:53 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by 92Teg
Pretty much whats going to happen

I feel bad for him as he doesn't have a car right now. The motor he had blew up, So I feel for him. But, I can't let that get in the way of a deal that went down, and after him looking at it twice.
Sounds like he needs to learn how to drive...
Old 10-05-2006, 07:27 AM
S2k'd again

From what he said, the motor was going to get tuned on sat, and it blew on wednesday or something. this was a few weeks ago i guess.

I wouldn't have been driving it around until it was tuned though.

I told him to take it to a shop and get a printed estimate. He said "my friend works at a shop" I was like thats nice, Bring me something thats been printed up from a well known shop.

If he did do that I might not have a problem returning the money, but still it was bought in "as in" condition. He wanted something that was drop in ready, and was well aware this one needed "some" work.

Even if he does bring me something showing what it needs done, I will then take it myself to another shop and see what they qoute it at. If they are totally different, I will have fun with the shop who he took it to.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:29 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Why waste YOUR time and MONEY?

He bought it "as is" when he needed something to "run out of the box".

His problem, be nice about it.. but it is HIS problem now.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Registered member

driveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond reputedriveitright has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enigma
His problem, be nice about it.. but it is HIS problem now.
agreed.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 AM
S2k'd again

I'm trying lol