Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

where the hell is everyone??????

Old 03-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Is it Friday yet?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: where the hell is everyone??????

Old 03-20-2004, 11:11 AM
blingin cracka

KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by coolva
Why not follow them then? Jeez, I cant believe you can ride around VaB and not find at least one spot...
maybe hes too slow to keep up?
Old 03-21-2004, 01:46 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Stangsta
Kill yourself! NOW!!!
why? am i wrong? if you're trying to tell me that you guys have actually figured out a way to avoid cops and keep street racing fun and clean in the past few months, then i swear i will eat my words. but i won't believe it until i see it, and i don't have the patience to deal with driving around all night to verify it- besides the fact that i don't even have a car that i would take out there right now. this is coming from someone who has been around this area since the whole "midnight races" began back in about 97, not some 17 year old whose license is still hot from lamination. i'd be surprised if 10% of the people on this board remember meeting up at the walmart parking lot off lynnhaven and princess anne. those days were nice... the crap that was going on when i left in august was a waste of time.

nice mustang, btw.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
"garbage cars" thanks
Old 03-21-2004, 02:10 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by blackout
you guys are fags.
this is me unnecessarily calling attention to myself by making sure it's understood that i drive a z06 or vr-4.

the way i see it, you may as well drive a 17 second civic or paseo or mirage or whatever else it is that goes out there because that is the majority. what, do you guys just race each other every night? or do you meet up with the 500 whp mustang guy and take turns getting pasted?

look, i understand that a nice car or two will roll out there every now and then and get sucked in by the whole drama of street racing, and sorry if i sound bitter or hostile but it just pissed me off to see this guy on here just abitrarily asking where people hang out and getting flamed for it like he's not cool enough to get let in to the "in-crowd". i was one of the guys who just refused to see the reality that after the fast and furious came out that street racing would become a trend and the tools who rode the coattails of the movie would ruin it for the rest of us. but no matter what way i look at it, it's done, and i've accepted it. it's still cool to hang out late friday or saturday night, but for anyone who wants to treat that like it's some secret underground activity is just a fucking douche.

and like i said before, if any of you want to tell me that it's not like that anymore and you guys can go out any given night and run til dawn like the golden days then i'll just shut up now, and maybe see you in a couple weeks so i can witness it for myself. but i highly doubt it, and i think you guys are defending the idea of someday having fun street racing. just let it go man.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Sometimes, people just feel like hanging out and shooting the shit somewhere, and actually have a spot where they don't get kicked out, and don't want to advertise it to the ricers.

This isn't a "secret society", and it's not the "in crowd". It's mature people that don't want to attract attention of those that desire it.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

why? am i wrong? if you're trying to tell me that you guys have actually figured out a way to avoid cops and keep street racing fun and clean in the past few months, then i swear i will eat my words. but i won't believe it until i see it, and i don't have the patience to deal with driving around all night to verify it- besides the fact that i don't even have a car that i would take out there right now. this is coming from someone who has been around this area since the whole "midnight races" began back in about 97, not some 17 year old whose license is still hot from lamination. i'd be surprised if 10% of the people on this board remember meeting up at the walmart parking lot off lynnhaven and princess anne. those days were nice... the crap that was going on when i left in august was a waste of time.
Well, to be honest with you. Alot has changed. Even since Portsmouth got broken up, the scene has kinda divided itself into two sections. One is the 'crap cars' that run around finding new 'spots' every weekend and the other is a close knit group of friends that got together and went to hang out on their own. In Porsmouth, it was a Utopia. All the crap and the nice cars/people got together at one common place. But like every other perfect thing in life, someone(s) fucked it up royally for the rest of us. And everyone was wondering what/where to go. Next came K-Mart and then Chimmney Hill. But after getting kicked out of K-Mart everyone was more or less feeling like, "There's gotta be a better way than to run around every weekend."

So then we found Benns and the Batcave. But the difference here is that it was only told to a select group of people who hung out together and all hated the whole 'ricer' scene. But that was further than just shitty cars. It's the shitty people driving the shitty cars thinking they are the shit. No doubt there are some really nice rides that come out to our spots, but there is also some not so nice rides that come out; but it doesn't matter because the people are cool as hell (Nice Achieva Leo). And if some shithead does come by, Leo doesn't see anything bad with telling them to fuck off. The guy in the original post sounds like a douschebag which is why everyone told him off. (I've never met you, I'm sure you're a nice person.) We just don't want those kind of people hanging around us. The cops have never come around and told us to leave. They come, check out the cars and make sure we are doing safe things (i.e. no drugs/alcohol), then leave. And this is where we are at today.

To the racing part. Do we race? Of course. (Except for Bobby, he's scared to race me.) Do we race now? Fuck no. It's cold as balls outside. Traction becomes an issue. But when the summer comes around so will the street racing. And with that, it's done far far away from the 'spot' at a secure location. It's the safest form of 'street racing' I've ever seen, but make no mistake, it's still 'street racing' with the same potential consequences. In addition some of the big guns haven't pulled their cars out of the garage for the winter, so that's also slowing things down.

And to agree with Brian and Jay.
Originally Posted by Cobra4B
"garbage cars" thanks

Last edited by blah; 03-21-2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

this is me unnecessarily calling attention to myself by making sure it's understood that i drive a z06 or vr-4.

the way i see it, you may as well drive a 17 second civic or paseo or mirage or whatever else it is that goes out there because that is the majority. what, do you guys just race each other every night? or do you meet up with the 500 whp mustang guy and take turns getting pasted?

look, i understand that a nice car or two will roll out there every now and then and get sucked in by the whole drama of street racing, and sorry if i sound bitter or hostile but it just pissed me off to see this guy on here just abitrarily asking where people hang out and getting flamed for it like he's not cool enough to get let in to the "in-crowd". i was one of the guys who just refused to see the reality that after the fast and furious came out that street racing would become a trend and the tools who rode the coattails of the movie would ruin it for the rest of us. but no matter what way i look at it, it's done, and i've accepted it. it's still cool to hang out late friday or saturday night, but for anyone who wants to treat that like it's some secret underground activity is just a fucking douche.

and like i said before, if any of you want to tell me that it's not like that anymore and you guys can go out any given night and run til dawn like the golden days then i'll just shut up now, and maybe see you in a couple weeks so i can witness it for myself. but i highly doubt it, and i think you guys are defending the idea of someday having fun street racing. just let it go man.
Hey man, I can see where you are coming from. And I agree, I was also there when it was 'fun' and dare I say, 'innocent'. But times and people change.

PM me when you come down, I'll even come and pick you up.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Good post...I just have to get the sand out of my vagina for atleast one day. Then and only then will I man up to you.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

Originally Posted by blah
Hey man, I can see where you are coming from. And I agree, I was also there when it was 'fun' and dare I say, 'innocent'. But times and people change.

PM me when you come down, I'll even come and pick you up.

You don't want to ride in his POS.

Quick Reply: where the hell is everyone??????