Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

where the hell is everyone??????

Old 03-23-2004, 05:37 AM
20psi>engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
72NOVA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: where the hell is everyone??????

Originally Posted by DomesticRice
I am not trying to trash mustangs because I drive one but at least I can admit that they have their bad points.
Stangsta you used the wrong car as an example. A fox body is far from being flexable. With 375wrhp your going to do alot of damage to those factory parts. I hope there are some subframe connectors on that car, if not your going to twist the body to hell. The drive train is not going to be happy with you either. The stock t-5 tranny is not going to take much of a beating before it goes south. If you go to the track with some sticky tires remember you have a 28spline diff in the back that cant handle power for shit. Oh and watch out for the brakes because they suck too. The tq boxes will probably get ripped out as well. Running 16lbs on hyper. pistons I hope you dont run it lean. Sure you can run boost with those pistons but they are not very forgiving compared to forged units. Look at that you added a blower and still are not making 100hp/liter.
WRONG

the 87-92 mustangs had forged pistions.
the stock t-5 and 8.8 rear has lived behind many high power combonations.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

DomesticRice has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 72NOVA
WRONG

the 87-92 mustangs had forged pistions.
the stock t-5 and 8.8 rear has lived behind many high power combonations.
WRONG......he said a 1993 which did not have forged pistons....thank you. You are right those yrs did have forged pistons, but in 92 depending on when the car was built it might have hypers. If the motor has a gray oil pan it has forged and if it is black you have hypers.

Yes the 8.8 housing can handle alot of power.....but the stock internals can not...read what I said. People have had some luck of running stock internals but sooner or later that shit is going to go. Some people blow the rear end up with stock hp levels and slicks others have run faster. Besides it not all that safe running parts that are not fit for the job.

Sure T-5s can last behind a high hp combo if the clutch is slipping or your granny shifting it.

Last edited by DomesticRice; 03-23-2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:52 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by FumingSmoked
I applaud your newfound maturity Blackout, now go get the f*ck off the forums and log on to www.gokillmyself.com and post there fag.
have i pissed you off before? judging by your reply i'd say you're somewhat familiar with my posts... if so just know this 'newfound maturity' is short-lived, i realize it's been a while since i've posted regularly and i didn't want to piss the wrong people off too soon. but i think it's been long enough.

now, if you'll tell me what your previous screen name or reference any particular time i've crossed words with you before, we'll continue. if this is in fact the first time you've attempted to insult me, then i'll give you one more chance to reconsider before i begin unabashedly berating and demoralizing you.

i'll expect your apology shortly, preferably in public.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:58 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

and in response to anyone who provided me with an intelligent response, thank you. i wholeheartedly agree (reference above post) that there are an exorbitant amount of dumbasses in this area that i find excessively annoying, and anything to cut down on the number of these types is a good thing.

as for the domestic vs. import, THAT needs to be laid to rest. as long as the aftermarket continues to make parts to make a car faster, people are more than welcome to purchase them and install them on their cars imo, without the unwanted and unneeded opinions of others deterring them. it has come a long way though, from intense anger and ignorance from both sides to somewhat of a friendly rivalry. let's keep it going on that pace.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:00 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by blackout
and in response to anyone who provided me with an intelligent response, thank you. i wholeheartedly agree (reference above post) that there are an exorbitant amount of dumbasses in this area that i find excessively annoying, and anything to cut down on the number of these types is a good thing.

as for the domestic vs. import, THAT needs to be laid to rest. as long as the aftermarket continues to make parts to make a car faster, people are more than welcome to purchase them and install them on their cars imo, without the unwanted and unneeded opinions of others deterring them. it has come a long way though, from intense anger and ignorance from both sides to somewhat of a friendly rivalry. let's keep it going on that pace.
Hahahaha, you're such a dick.

(I love this guy.)
Old 03-23-2004, 10:47 AM
Is it Friday yet?

Ghostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the roughGhostrider is a jewel in the rough

Lets talk about the titanic......that would be alot closer to topic than where you guys are going.
Old 03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by Stangsta
Lets talk about the titanic......that would be alot closer to topic than where you guys are going.
man my wife screwed me on my tax return.