Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WTF Geico? Dropping the STI cause it is "too modded"???

Old 04-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Stuck on I-66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot TehMascot
Default Re: WTF Geico? Dropping the STI cause it is "too modded"???

Originally Posted by b00st3db18a
They say with a WRX you are 60% more likely to be involved in a accident.
fixed.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Liberty Mutual gives discounts to Subaru owners being they are an affiliated partner. I got discounts on my Legacy for that and additional because I work for a Subaru dealer as well. So far NO-ONE has come close to beating the price I pay for my insurance plans/coverage.

Geico, Progressive, State Farm, All State and USAA all are over $1,000 less than what I pay, and some for even less coverage.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:06 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by WTFisJDM
fixed.
Depends....our insurance rates were never high with any of our WRXs. It went up a little when we got the STI.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

So what Geico is saying that they can not insure you , because if you wreck the sti they cant afford the replacement parts?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Mistake #1, you informed your insurance company that you had a fully built engine with larger turbo.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by b00st3db18a
So what Geico is saying that they can not insure you , because if you wreck the sti they cant afford the replacement parts?
I guess

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Mistake #1, you informed your insurance company that you had a fully built engine with larger turbo.
I think my husband just told them it was modified....that's it nothing more.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 AM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

You might want to pm caleb (Mr.Projekt). He works for Geico and can fill you in about this. If I remember correctly, he once told me that Geico will only insure up to $10,000 worth of mods on any given car. I'm assuming that they perceived your mods to be greater than that amount. Considering your car in question is a brand new STI, I could see your modded total being pretty high up there.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Yea i have heard that some insurance companies will drop you if your car is modified. When i got my Evo my agent asked me if anything was done to it and wanted me to bring it by so he can see it i never did.lol
Old 04-30-2010, 08:03 AM
N2OWNED

99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula 99formula

Originally Posted by SubieChik
Certain vehicles, either because of their performance characteristics, excessive customizations, or type of construction, do not fall within our pricing structure. Your 2008 Subaru Imprwrxsti is such a vehicle; therefore, we are unable to offer physical damage coverages on your 2008 Subaru Imprwrxsti.
It may not be because it's modified, it could also just be because it's a quick factory car.

I know I've been dropped twice for this (once when I bought my 04 Mustang at 18 years old, and then again when I bought my 99 Formula at 20). Sometimes they just see fast cars and younger (under 40) people and jump ship. My resolution was to call my agent. They can normally work it out for you. The second time I got dropped we threatened to take our business for EVERYTHING (7 cars [4 with full coverage], 1 trailer, 1 motorcycle, 1 house, life insurance, etc) somewhere else because they wanted to play hardball. I won both times.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:22 AM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
But if she didn't say anything, and something happened, couldn't they refuse to pay out?