Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

WTF Geico? Dropping the STI cause it is "too modded"???

Old 04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
K All Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jskizzle has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTF Geico? Dropping the STI cause it is "too modded"???

Alright since caleb hasnt hopped in on this one I will. I work for GEICO as well now as an adjuster previously as a service agent answering questions like this all day everyday. look the reason your getting dropped is because your husband if it wasnt you mentioned your customizations and it got sent to our u/w dept which has a list of unaceptable custimizations for the beautiful commonwealth of VA because of all the dumbasses who street race. They ARE NOT saying YOU do but they arent taking the chance. now as to the fact of hey what do i do? well you cant call somewhere and not tell them i mean you can but your shit isnt covered at all soooo that wonderfully built motor you have hope you dont hydrolock it in a hurricane, noreaster, or whatever because your SOL so call everybody up tell them what you have and see what they can do alot will say no but you might get lucky somewhere. oh and if your happen to damage one of those omgjdmyay radiators your gettin a quality replacement not oem unless it cant be found anywhere except oem
Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM
Is in ur head, why?

crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness crxmadness

Originally Posted by sea6speed
Years ago I dated and adjuster who'd worked for 4 different insurers. Companies can cut costs by adjusting the risk pool (kicking out higher risk insureds) or aggressively contesting claims on against and by customers. Some companies really don't care about keeping you as a customer once you've filed a claim in excess of the premiums you've paid.
That sounds about right, since insurance companies exist to make money. They dont care about insuring your car they just want you to not cost them any money.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 PM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Liberty Mutual. Wow...really??

$304.50/month
$3,654.00/year

When we had the WRX we paid $115 a month.....then we got the STI and now we pay $140 a month. $304 is a little steep.....and that is what most quotes have been around. I am always looking, and have been for the last few years....just to check ya know? I have yet to find a company that beats GEICO's price.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by SubieChik

$304.50/month
$3,654.00/year

When we had the WRX we paid $115 a month.....then we got the STI and now we pay $140 a month. $304 is a little steep.....and that is what most quotes have been around. I am always looking, and have been for the last few years....just to check ya know? I have yet to find a company that beats GEICO's price.
What is USAAs?

Do you guys have a lot of tickets?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jskizzle
Alright since caleb hasnt hopped in on this one I will. I work for GEICO as well now as an adjuster previously as a service agent answering questions like this all day everyday. look the reason your getting dropped is because your husband if it wasnt you mentioned your customizations and it got sent to our u/w dept which has a list of unaceptable custimizations for the beautiful commonwealth of VA because of all the dumbasses who street race. They ARE NOT saying YOU do but they arent taking the chance. now as to the fact of hey what do i do? well you cant call somewhere and not tell them i mean you can but your shit isnt covered at all soooo that wonderfully built motor you have hope you dont hydrolock it in a hurricane, noreaster, or whatever because your SOL so call everybody up tell them what you have and see what they can do alot will say no but you might get lucky somewhere. oh and if your happen to damage one of those omgjdmyay radiators your gettin a quality replacement not oem unless it cant be found anywhere except oem
wow, remind me not to sign up with geico. if they're hiring people with grammar as awful as yours, i have to wonder who else they're willing to hire...
Old 04-30-2010, 07:19 PM
ladies love my foam.

iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam iFoam

i work there and i believe i can give you an accurate reason as to why they are dropping all of the physical damage coverages on your vehicle.

simply enough, insurance companies charge by risk (ie. higher risk pays more and lower risk drivers / vehicles pay less)

basically those who have customizations on their vehicles probably didnt do them to go "look at my pretty fully built engine" so they are by definition a higher risk. Also, geico as a company has what's called "street racing indicators" as do a lot of insurance companies (i've been told by some employees at other agencies) which are as they describe indicators that you are racing the vehicle (whether it be on the track or on the street) and due to the abnormal amount of claims that people make due to racing and just general idiotic driving they do not want to offer you full coverage.

See it this way: Lets say, for example, that you are driving your Sti at Langley on a street night and hit the wall.... Would you call your insurance company and make a claim? Being honest 99% of all people would. Is it fair for them to pay out for that? no.

that's the general idea.

if you have any specific questions just PM me
Old 04-30-2010, 07:21 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

they did the same thing to me a few years ago on my integra, i called and inquired about getting the car reappraised for full coverage...and they sent me a letter a week later dropping me.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by SubieChik

$304.50/month
$3,654.00/year

Wow! I thought they would be alot better.

I pay $170 a month for the bike, the Z/28 and Legacy with 2 drivers and have 300k/100k/300k and other stuff in coverage. No other insurance company can even come close to this.

Last edited by Woodrow; 05-01-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:20 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

try calling allstate...only company that didnt bend me over when i bought my vette.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by new_skul
wow, remind me not to sign up with geico. if they're hiring people with grammar as awful as yours, i have to wonder who else they're willing to hire...
Lol, you actually do have to pass a grammar test to get hired there.

Why not call GEICO and see what they will do, especially as a tenured policy holder maybe they would be willing to work something out.

However, most of the responses you have received are correct. For one, the customizations probably exceed 10% of the vehicle's value and two a fully built engine with a bigger turbo is a high indicator of racing. A personal automobile policy doesn't have the ability to underwrite for that type of risk (nor do most companies want to assume that type of risk) as accidents are more likely as well as the amount of the pay outs.