Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

For you "HellaFlush" stanced people, do your tires rub?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
mmmmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake
Default Re: For you "HellaFlush" stanced people, do your tires rub?

for reference of how it is tucking.

I need to find new center caps that are blank or something.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

tires would easily solve that.

if your at 235 now,
a 215 will give you 9-11mm clearance from fender to tire
Old 01-25-2010, 09:32 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

I'm not actually dropped any, but I do have a pretty aggresive fitment.

I only rub my rears, and that's only with more than 2 people in the car and when I take a turn too sharp or hit a bump. I've got the max I can get with camber bolts and pulled my rears as much as I could IMO.

IMO my problem will be fixed once I get coilovers as I'll be able to add a little more camber and I should be able to make it stiffer.

A different tire may also help too. From what I was reading some tires are better at stretching than others. I'm sure Brian could recommend something.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Falken
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Originally Posted by B-Well
tires would easily solve that.

if your at 235 now,
a 215 will give you 9-11mm clearance from fender to tire
Yeah, I figure 215s will fix the issue. But I am also thinking just changing my wheels out for 11s on 235s will fix my issue as well.

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
I'm not actually dropped any, but I do have a pretty aggresive fitment.

I only rub my rears, and that's only with more than 2 people in the car and when I take a turn too sharp or hit a bump. I've got the max I can get with camber bolts and pulled my rears as much as I could IMO.

IMO my problem will be fixed once I get coilovers as I'll be able to add a little more camber and I should be able to make it stiffer.

A different tire may also help too. From what I was reading some tires are better at stretching than others. I'm sure Brian could recommend something.

Ya, if I have 2 people in my car I am cutting it close. If I use my backseat for someone then I rub on everything.

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Falken
I am using Falken 512s right now. For the reason that everyone stated they stretch the best.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

I'm dropped about an inch and a quarter. . . have a hard time getting over some speed bumps and have to flat out drive around some.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 AM
mmmmmm

Originally Posted by RandomTask
I'm dropped about an inch and a quarter. . . have a hard time getting over some speed bumps and have to flat out drive around some.

I am not quite at that stage. I dropped it to the point where I can clear medium sized speed bumps, get up these stupid v-curb drains in florida (every driveway and most road entrances have them) and my front and rear splitters start even on the sides with my sideskirts but sweep upward toward the middle. Which allows me more clearance. But on the flip side my shit sits too high for my liking.

I did fix my rub issue. I went back and cranked the spring tension up so it has very little movement now. Of course it is not quite comfortable to drive as it was yesterday but in a few days I will get use to it.

But now that I know that is fixed, I will probably drop the car even more and increase the spring tension again. Just sucks that my coilover tube is maybe 1 inch from hitting my knuckles so I don't have much more room to play with.

I am seriously thinking about changing my wheels to something 11in in rear and 9.5 up front, would pull my fenders and use a bigger stretch to make it work though. I dunno, I think CCW classics would look beast on my car but I need a project car, so that money would have to wait.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered member

tomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura abouttomurphjr has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Harold_Fastwake

for reference of how it is tucking.

I need to find new center caps that are blank or something.
C4 Corvette wheels?
Old 01-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by tomurphjr
C4 Corvette wheels?
yes.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:36 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
for reasons no one else can comprehend, my rear fenders rub all the time.
i can attest to this

Originally Posted by Harold_Fastwake
I am using Falken 512s right now. For the reason that everyone stated they stretch the best.
they do, but no when you run a 235 on a 9.5 loool. buy a 205 45 falken 512, you can get them for 90 bucks a piece, and will be worth every single penny.

or let them rub. i remember on my blue car actually having the tire sit on the fender, and i drove until i wore the sidewall off my tire, which gave me perfect amount of clearance.

Quick Reply: For you "HellaFlush" stanced people, do your tires rub?