Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

ZOMG GENESIS COUPE...

Old 01-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default Re: ZOMG GENESIS COUPE...

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Roll the windows up with the keyfob? Honestly 3/4 this shit sounds like being a nit picking prick. Actual parts on the car that can't be swapped out for better parts you shouldn't bich about. And what happened to test driving? That last ***** seemed to have bought the most expensive one just trying to impress people with it.
I'm not saying these people can drive, or that they're smart, or that they aren't ******s...

And yes, a lot of the complaints seem, relatively trivial but that doesn't take from the fact that this car was very poorly engineered. Some (not all) of the complaints are legit saftely hazards and serious problems. Not all bullshit, such as, "The back-up sensors don't pick up the rocks that line my driveway".

A tranny not wanting to go into gear, finally getting in a gear and sticking in that gear... is a problem.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
I'm not saying these people can drive, or that they're smart, or that they aren't ******s...

And yes, a lot of the complaints seem, relatively trivial but that doesn't take from the fact that this car was very poorly engineered. Some (not all) of the complaints are legit saftely hazards and serious problems. Not all bullshit, such as, "The back-up sensors don't pick up the rocks that line my driveway".

A tranny not wanting to go into gear, finally getting in a gear and sticking in that gear... is a problem.
If it was a big enough problem there would be a recall and a fix for it.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:12 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Not when their entire pitch (aside from the Hyundai Assurance) is QUALITY. QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY!

"We don't make the shit piles, held together with duct tape anymore, we've changed..."

I think they will wait until it becomes a crisis (if it has the momentum)... and then they will have to recall the entire fucking car.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
Troll & Run

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Not when their entire pitch (aside from the Hyundai Assurance) is QUALITY. QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY!

"We don't make the shit piles, held together with duct tape anymore, we've changed..."

I think they will wait until it becomes a crisis (if it has the momentum)... and then they will have to recall the entire fucking car.
Toyota just recalled millions of vehicles, I think this would be the best quality assurance.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

That's not true at all.

Mitsubishi denied for 3 decades that their vehicles had any problems until someone blew the whistle on them.

2003 - 2004 Honda CRVs were known to catch on fire. Honda didn't issue a recall, instead they sent a TSB and blamed the problem on their dealerships. Though they couldn't explain why it only affected those model years.

There were 68 confirmed F150 fires out of 3,800,000 possible vehicles affected
There were 72 confirmed CRV fires out of 318,000 possible vehicles affected.

Ford on the other hand recalled it's F150s when reports of fires surfaced. By the numbers the CRV was much more likely to catch on fire than the F150 yet Ford did something about it and Honda didn't.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Toyota just recalled millions of vehicles, I think this would be the best quality assurance.
In light of a NHTSA investigation into their vehicles.

While it’s great Toyota is doing something about it, it’s a case of “do something about it or the government will”
Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Troll & Run

I have never thought Honda and quality lolz but Toyota and Hyundai both can get high mileage and often times be nicer than a honda.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:53 PM
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

I have never thought Honda and quality lolz but Toyota and Hyundai both can get high mileage and often times be nicer than a honda.
troll
Old 01-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Troll & Run

nuh uh
Old 01-30-2010, 04:05 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

my thoughts

to fix tranny problems:
1. learn to drive

to fix chair squeek:
1. lose weight... ur 500lbs self in a seat made for 200 just doesnt work.

this is what happens when rich kids buy fast cars.

Quick Reply: ZOMG GENESIS COUPE...