Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

3m carbon wrap

Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
troy2003 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 3m carbon wrap

is this real c/f?, could i lay a polyester surfboard resin over this and get the clear gloss finish??

nevermind, i saw its not real c/f, but does anybody know if i put a resin finish on this would it give me the look i got laying my own real c/f??

example of my work laying c/f cloth:

Last edited by troy2003; 12-08-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:19 AM
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

its not real cf, but i guess you could add a layer of clear coat to make it glossy instead of "flat"
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by troy2003
is this real c/f?, could i lay a polyester surfboard resin over this and get the clear gloss finish??

nevermind, i saw its not real c/f, but does anybody know if i put a resin finish on this would it give me the look i got laying my own real c/f??

example of my work laying c/f cloth:
I don't see why not... It'd be just like glassing over cloth...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:32 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

looks good ryan, i <3 carbon fiber wrapping.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 AM
dl^_^lb ..l.,

beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch beeotch

I actually tried useing clear coat on a small peice of the cf fabric. It soaked it up and turned it black. You can barely see the cf finish. IMO it looked like shit. I wouldent do it.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Registered member

wait im confused, you said in the prior post you guess you could add it to make it glossy, in this post you said you tried it on c/f cloth??, or this 3m??...if it was real c/f cloth that should never happen, it is a weave.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by beeotch
I actually tried useing clear coat on a small peice of the cf fabric. It soaked it up and turned it black. You can barely see the cf finish. IMO it looked like shit. I wouldent do it.
Try droppin some fiberglass resin on it and see what happens... I figured clear wouldn't do anything...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Try droppin some fiberglass resin on it and see what happens... I figured clear wouldn't do anything...
yea, thats what i was going to do, but you cant use fiberglass resin, it is tinted you have to go with silmar surfboard resin....i may try it out!!
Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by troy2003
yea, thats what i was going to do, but you cant use fiberglass resin, it is tinted you have to go with silmar surfboard resin....i may try it out!!
Or that... I forgot it has a green tint... Someone told me I could fix my busted CF hood w/ surfboard resin...
Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Or that... I forgot it has a green tint... Someone told me I could fix my busted CF hood w/ surfboard resin...
yea, it is very very runny when mixed, so good for filling in cracks, it will find all the little cracks easy, fiberglass resin wont fill in the gaps as well as silmar will.

Quick Reply: 3m carbon wrap