Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

66 vw squareback build!!

Old 02-10-2011, 04:54 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah
Default Re: 66 vw squareback build!!

S10 clip? Probably "Iron duke" from the s10 he got the clip from.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:57 AM
poopshootgangordie.

Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus

Originally Posted by FObangah
S10 clip? Probably "Iron duke" from the s10 he got the clip from.

I buddy of mine built a race truck with a 2.5 from an s10 that was pretty nasty, so I guess that could be pretty bad. Not my favorite idea as far as putting it in a squareback.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

IRON DOOK
You couldn't kill these motors with a nuke. My uncle ran one with no oil in it for a week until he realized he forgot to tighten the drain plug. Tightened the plug and topped it off, drove it for 3 more years.

Cheap and reliable. Parts store-galore. Not the most powerful choice but more than enough to better the air-cool'er that came out of it. Sold it in carb'ed and Fuel injected

Last edited by FObangah; 02-10-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

You do realize that we're not talking about a car that's as reliable as a Hilux right? People swap engines into aircooled VWs in the interest of reliability and "acceptable" acceleration. I know there's a certain "cool" factor with air cooled VWs, but if you've ever tried to live with one as a regular driver, the cool factor is easily outweighed by fact that they SUCK to drive. I doubt this is a build with the intention to get "pretty nasty".

With what's done to it now, he can have the car he wants, and actually be able to comfortably drive it in traffic.

This build is cool... anybody who says otherwise is clearly wrong.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:09 AM
±RepLegion

92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20 92_SR20

Originally Posted by Flite
You know what, I'm really fucking tired of every new account being run off this site. You guys praise a guy who slaps some shitty lowering springs on a car and some obnoxious wheels, but then blast someone who actually fabricates parts and builds a car to their liking. You want to question the spikes, fine. You want to voice your opinion that somehow you justify aircooled VW motors as great, fine. But I'm sick of every new account getting personally attacked. I've been writing this shit off as "just the way drag is" for too long.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:14 AM
SPARKLEmotion

You do realize that we're not talking about a car that's as reliable as a Hilux right? People swap engines into aircooled VWs in the interest of reliability and "acceptable" acceleration. I know there's a certain "cool" factor with air cooled VWs, but if you've ever tried to live with one as a regular driver, the cool factor is easily outweighed by fact that they SUCK to drive. I doubt this is a build with the intention to get "pretty nasty".

With what's done to it now, he can have the car he wants, and actually be able to comfortably drive it in traffic.

^ co-signing on this.
Same principle as say.....a KA in a 510.

I drove an 85 civic standard daily for 6 months, I can only imagine what driving an older VW is like.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:19 AM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

I see where you're coming from but i think that is purely opinion based. I drove a vw bus for a year straight as a daily and i never once thought about the lack of power and honestly it was very reliable for what i put it through. I would personally have no problem driving one again as a daily.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:21 AM
poopshootgangordie.

Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus Caucasian Jesus

I never said it wasn't cool sir, just isn't my kind of build.

Originally Posted by ls/vtecstitch
I see where you're coming from but i think that is purely opinion based. I drove a vw bus for a year straight as a daily and i never once thought about the lack of power and honestly it was very reliable for what i put it through. I would personally have no problem driving one again as a daily.

Exactly, my father works with a guy who drives a Volkswagen bus as a daily, and says he loves it.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Agree with Flite.

I like the build, I wanna see more with better pics.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:25 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Originally Posted by ls/vtecstitch
Depends on the commute mostly. I loved my old carb'd civic but in traffic or down town.... I fuckin' hated driving that thing. I couldn't get out of my own way much less anyone else's. The novelty of it goes out the window when you have to fend off road rage and people cutting you off.

Quick Reply: 66 vw squareback build!!