Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

GTR creator answers some questions [vids]

Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RalliartRsX has disabled reputation
Default Re: GTR creator answers some questions [vids]

Ahhh man, the ignorance in this thread is refreshing

Hmmm, very cool but simplistic way of thinking about it to me. Downforce = grip which then he equates to "If I dont have enough speed / aero aids to generate enough downforce, how do I still achieve the same amount of grip?? Mechanical !!"

Simple and crud idea, but with very complex execution. I like it !!!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Research derived from F1 and home boy's years of racing and experience.
1. Light weight is good for accel/braking but can be bad for cornering if you are a beginner to novice driver. Tire grip load is what makes the GTR corner so good.
2. Didn't really answer the question. Reiterated the importance of grip load and basically said 1700kgs + 458hp + good brakes is the formula so no need to reduce weight.
3. This design is from all his years of racing and designing cars. This car was designed to perform in all weather conditions.
4. Boosted V6 is best for the package they wanted, which includes, power, weight, height and balance.
5. Less gears are better for the package as a whole.
6. The major flaw in the HICAS was human input which can be delayed if not done in .28 sec.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

So... weight is good for cornering?

Damnit, I'm going to give Ferrari F1 a call and save their F1 program. I'll be a hero.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Sounds like he's saying the car was designed around the noob... weight sucks... the Forged Tuning GTR goes through one set of DOT-R tires a day becuase its so heavy. Fuck that.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by Flite

Damnit, I'm going to give Ferrari F1 a call and save their F1 program. I'll be a hero.
You asking me or him? I'm just relaying what he said. I'd trust his logic over yours when it comes to designing cars any day though.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

I understand what hes saying about extra weight putting more of a load on the tire and increasing grip, but it just kind of sounds like a cop out for a pig of a car.

InB4Fabrik8
Old 10-19-2009, 11:12 AM
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Basically made the car easy for douche bags to drive. Fair enough, hence why we keep seeing them crashed into odd objects. IE the atm machine.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
sussudio

jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod

VERYIMPORTANT OKAY
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Flite

I am not an expert and I dont know the correct terminology so I will just go by what I saw.

He is saying that an F1 car is extremely light, but because of the aerodynamics of the formula cars they generate 3500 LB of downforce and grip at all four tires. He designed the GTR to be the same weight/downforce transferred to all four tires but since he cant design it to look like a F1 car for obvious reasons he had to make up the weight somewhere...
Old 10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

LOL @ you guys buying the bullshit. The car is heavy becuase it'll make you coffee and let you play video games while you drive. It's chock full 'o shit becuase that's what the consumer wants these days.

The car would be better lighter... the car is in direct opposition to everything famed Lotus engineer Colin Chapman stands for. He's attributed with saying, "“Simplify and add lightness.” and “Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy. ”

Quick Reply: GTR creator answers some questions [vids]