Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 11-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idrum2loud has disabled reputation
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Originally Posted by slow40sx
i daily my car with a cage, my head is still intact

and if ur harnessed in ur head isn't going to reach glass or bars or anything infront of u, if ur harness is mounted correctly
+1....if you get rear ended and your head hits a steel pole, then whoever built your cage is smokin too much crack.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

tubing is not notched it those pics, but I already took that into account. The main roll bar was not pefectly in the right place in those pics. I'll load more pictures tonight once all the notching and rear bars are cut and tacked in place.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Chris28
Full cage in a DD is dangerous unless you drive with a racing harness and helmet. One little rear end or side impact and your head hits a steel tube instead of much more forgiving glass.
Thanks for the lesson , however I think safety isn't the OP's concern... I'm assuming it's more along the lines that he's going to make the car too aggressive to drive on the regular.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 AM
shtty bike repper

POOP DICK POOP DICK POOP DICK POOP DICK

i figured you would take that into account, just making sure it wasnt over looked.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

We need to order dimple dies s.knoop. We need a .75 die.

This picture is from the 2010 camaro hankook drift car competing in formula d next year.

link to a few dies.
http://www.vansantent.com/sheet_meta...imple_dies.htm

Anyone have experience on these dies. I want to order a good quality one right off the bat. I dont need a whole kit, but maybe something like a .5, .75, and a 1" would do for now.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

welll damnnnn

can't wait to see it finished

stephen- all my friend says he has right now/ can actually sell, is a wiring harness and ECU for the motor. Let me know and i'll hit him up for a price
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Thanks for the lesson , however I think safety isn't the OP's concern... I'm assuming it's more along the lines that he's going to make the car too aggressive to drive on the regular.

Haha yeah I definatly care about safety but the car will be blatantly illegal so daily status isn't happening. I think it will still be a blast to drive to drift water in it haha.

Danny I tried to call you but I think your phone is dead. Hit me up before you weld anything haha.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Danny@respecgarage

ok.....Ill find my phone and charge it. Call me in about an hour or hit me at the house. 804-824-9118
Old 11-09-2009, 09:35 AM
rogue vocoder blitz

dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo dom yo

wow
i was looking through this and it was all pretty interesting
and then i see ls1
and i subscribed
Old 11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Home, finally

Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012 Citium2012

Originally Posted by Chris28
Looks good, but it's kinda sad seeing this thing turn from "daily drifter" status into full out track car.
Same here. Great read so far.

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)