Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 PM
I Roll Fenders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

How many threads is that nut on? The bottom one on the stud...I am wondering how much space it'll eat up to be threaded on all of the way.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Originally Posted by POOP DICK
between the knuckle and the lower control arm goes nothing?
there is more to it.

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
ya, i wasn't sure if you were putting in some type of collared spacer to make them point down. But then what ball joint would work with that? Thats why i was confused.
What ball joint? its a spherical bearing set up with a GM ball joint.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Seems like the paint on the suspension bits will flake right off... should have powdered it. I like the color though.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
How many threads is that nut on? The bottom one on the stud...I am wondering how much space it'll eat up to be threaded on all of the way.
ITS NOT BOLTED DOWN AT ALL. I didnt insert the bushing that ties it all in together. Im waiting for you to come look at the set up. I forgot how it all went together.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 PM
shtty bike repper

POOP DICK POOP DICK POOP DICK POOP DICK

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
there is more to it.
oh ok
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Seems like the paint on the suspension bits will flake right off... should have powdered it. I like the color though.
It probably will. This was my call and the wife choose the color. Sthephen had no clue I was event going to paint any of this. It looks better than rusted out suspension. Im sure when I start making more of these they will all be poweder coated some kind of color.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
It probably will. This was my call and the wife choose the color. Sthephen had no clue I was event going to paint any of this. It looks better than rusted out suspension. Im sure when I start making more of these they will all be poweder coated some kind of color.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Danny@respecgarage

Originally Posted by POOP DICK
oh ok
Stephen has it all planned out. He has done over a year of planning to come up with something like this.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I mean is it threaded on like 2 threads or is it threaded on up to the nylon section of the nut?
Old 12-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Danny@respecgarage

oh ok.....it threaded about to the nylon section. I should have waited til everything was on nice and tight. The pictures make it look like it will snap as soon as we put it on the ground.....lol

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)