Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 PM
-Rep Legion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broke B16 has disabled reputation
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

LOL.

Well I work until 3, I'm down to help with what I can after.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

LOL, that will be helpful too, haha. It's going to be a few weeks, but once we clean out the old place and get fully moved in I'll be working on the car again. I'll hit you up Cory.

Thanks Kyle, just hit me up when you get off if you feel like helping, haha.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

omg pm me yo numbaz.

I still need to look at that book.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

If you going to the meet next weekend I'll hook you up with $10 for a name and a sticker.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

sam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
modded s14 RE_spec super angle knuckles with modded lower control arms to hopefully correct the suspension geometry of a lowered 240.

Everything on this picture is not fully bolted down and missing a few bushings and spacers for the GM ball joint. We will get the car on the ground this weekend.....

We still need to mod the tierod pick up. We plan to use another spherical bearing with a bolt to lower the tierod parallel to the lower control arm.

BBS SHOTS. Nothing has been bolted down yet. I took these pics to see what other mods need to be done to pull this off. These are picks at full lock. Well not really beacause these wheel are gianourmous. I still had about another 3/4's on the tie rod to steering rack travel.

i recently started to follow this and i am new to the 240/auto mechanics world so i dont know much. for those reasons, go easy on me.

my question is, what kind of mods were done to the angle knuckles?

will your s14 be able to have grater turning radius than this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBSVqOc-CN4&hd=1
Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

sam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond reputesam7606 has a reputation beyond repute

accidentally posted twice
Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by Fiziks
If you going to the meet next weekend I'll hook you up with $10 for a name and a sticker.
Which meet?

Originally Posted by sam7606
i recently started to follow this and i am new to the 240/auto mechanics world so i dont know much. for those reasons, go easy on me.

my question is, what kind of mods were done to the angle knuckles?

will your s14 be able to have grater turning radius than this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBSVqOc-CN4&hd=1
To overly simplify it the steering part of the knuckle was shortened. It should yield results like that GP Sports car. Danny did them slightly different then he has before, so these should yield more angle then the other batches he's done.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12 David S12

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
Which meet?

To overly simplify it the steering part of the knuckle was shortened. It should yield results like that GP Sports car. Danny did them slightly different then he has before, so these should yield more angle then the other batches he's done.
what about control arms?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
my name is andy.

Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks

SumoSpeed/Uno one
Old 01-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I Roll Fenders

Originally Posted by David S12
what about control arms?
Oh, those got all sorts of hacked up, haha. I did a spherical bearing replacement for the ball joints so I can adjust the roll center. The fronts have also been clearanced to allow for more angle. There's also a metal bump stop welded on to stop the knuckle itself, so the tie rod shouldn't hit anything at all.

Originally Posted by Fiziks
SumoSpeed/Uno one
I should be there.

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)