Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 11-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idrum2loud has disabled reputation
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
haha was it a grey FD? (i think)
lulz yea i think so. That place had like 500 projects. I remember the grand opening meeting, that was before sumospeed was even around I think. All i can remember was team ultraspeed with the little flying dude symbol.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
What length pushrods you get? Normally the kids come w/ 7.4s, but since you're going to have a hodgepodge of LSX parts you might want to get an adjustable checker and make sure you're pre-load will be correct?

Are the 5.3 heads worked over? Why LS3 valves? Do you mean the 5.3 heads are ported and have LS3 valves in them?
I am pretty sure they are 7.4s, I know it is printed on them so I'll have to go look to be sure.

The heads are not worked over, I just got a STUPID good deal on the valves, push rods, valve springs and retainers so I took it all. The valves look like they'll fit, they appear to be the same diameter as the 5.3 valves but I haven't taken my calipers to them yet - mostly because I have been busy with work and trying to prep the car for the cage and what not.

Originally Posted by azzbustin30th
what kind of TB do u need drive by wire or standard? and what other parts exactly, i may be able to help ya out.
I need the regular cable driven throttle body, I'm not sure if there is more then one type of those. Other then that I need an alternator bracket, an alternator, I might need coilpacks - I have some but my friend said they will not work. I am not sure what sensors are necessary. I need to get the motor up on the stand, take the oil pan off and have some people who know what they're looking at come tell me what I'm missing, haha.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

GET ITB'S FOR THE LS1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by idrum2loud; 11-06-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by idrum2loud
lulz yea i think so. That place had like 500 projects. I remember the grand opening meeting, that was before sumospeed was even around I think. All i can remember was team ultraspeed with the little flying dude symbol.
yeah i worked there for a bit setting up vendor accounts and selling parts. yea jeff norman's sneaking thieving ass was trying to talk tim (sidewayssil80) into putting a ca20+b20+4g63 yada yada yada frankenstein fucking motor in his FD (the one in question). small world
Old 11-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Got Swagg?

FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW FS FTW

Stephen, I will gladly donate to the cause to get my name on that sexy piece of machinery! Just let me start my new job first! LOL
Old 11-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Raptor Jesus Loves U

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
yeah i worked there for a bit setting up vendor accounts and selling parts. yea jeff norman's sneaking thieving ass was trying to talk tim (sidewayssil80) into putting a ca20+b20+4g63 yada yada yada frankenstein fucking motor in his FD (the one in question). small world
Wow lol man he scammed me out on my 5 speed swap and motor set up, i purchased all this stuff for nothing and i was mad. After i heard he was cheatin and stealing i kinda wasn't surprised, that dude was sketch. I remember one time they had a 350z in the back and he was test fitting some 5zigen FNO1RC's and they were curb rashed and too high of an offset, and he tried to sell them to some guy for like, $1000.....and he just said in the office he paid like $500 online for them....the guy with the Z kinda just walked off and made a phone call, i hope he didn't buy them. And then there was that set of rotas in the lobby that someone put a crooked Nismo sticker on and he was selling them as legit Nismo wheels for like mad money....supposedly those came from Yahoo japan auctions.......i am glad no one got too screwed over.

Last edited by idrum2loud; 11-06-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
DEAD OR ALIVE

azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I need the regular cable driven throttle body, I'm not sure if there is more then one type of those. Other then that I need an alternator bracket, an alternator, I might need coilpacks - I have some but my friend said they will not work. I am not sure what sensors are necessary. I need to get the motor up on the stand, take the oil pan off and have some people who know what they're looking at come tell me what I'm missing, haha.
i can get it all, just let me know what exactly you need.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:58 PM
sussudio

jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod jrod

there's going to be a good amount of v8 240s rolling around here in the near future
Old 11-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge

word. thats awesome! i was hoping to see you go through with that 1UZ plan but this still good. i cant wait to start on mine.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Rockin Red Wheels!

8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic

+ rep for a proper build thread....very nice bud.

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)