Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dc2_teggy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

bump for a clean car
Old 04-26-2010, 06:13 AM
skankin'

dubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud ofdubwize has much to be proud of
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

After looking at the cleaned-up picture of the hole in the bellhousing, I would be leery of leaving it like that. Those sharp corners are ideal points for stress concentration and are almost garunteed to crack. Giving them a nice fillet might help.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

LS1tech is your friend.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:29 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

LS1 Tech is a pain in the ass and I don't like how the search function works on there at all, lol. I guess I will have to get used to it.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Wish I could lend a hand man. Sorry to hear about all this.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:12 AM
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

yeah dude sucks bad, you were making such great progress!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
No E-Fame

Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea Wasabi_Pea

not to sound dumb but if you know the size and thread pitch of what does fit cant you just measure the depth of each hole on the block and then add the thickness of the bell housing flange, and get your overall length.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
LS1 Tech is a pain in the ass and I don't like how the search function works on there at all, lol. I guess I will have to get used to it.
Pickup the phone and call a Corvette/f-body tuner/shop....
Old 05-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

I have been doing little shit here and there, but really just want to get this fucking thing out to Harbor Park on Saturday, so I've been feverishly messing with the suspension components to get them all operating properly.

I was going to go to bed early tonight but I came home and found a package sitting on the table.........................

It was my shock mount spherical bearings!!!

I happened to get my uprights back from welding yesterday, so you can bet your ass I was ready to get this crap back together and see how it fits!

I had to install the sphericals by drifting it in with a 36mm socket (a 34 would have been better) and hammer, so the very edge of the bearing housing got a little dinged up but the bearing still moved smoothly. I got one in and am going to get the other one pressed in tomorrow - time is a major factor for me in the next 48 hours and I was excited so that's why I didn't wait to get them both pressed in.

Here are some pictures, they can do the talking:

The housing is more banged up on the other side, but like I said the bearing moves freely.

On the car!

Its a hair closer then I want on one side so I may grind down the misalignment spacer on one side about a mm so the shock mount will shift over just a tad. Overall I definitely thing was well worth the $125 bucks I spend on the welding.

I also got my Z33 inner tie rods in and was pleased to find out that they are the same length and offer more adjustability range then the S14 tien inner/outer set. I took some pictures to compare the size differences.

Again, the pictures can do the talking:

Threaded all the way down.

Threaded all the way out - I believe the custom outers I put together can thread out a little more and still be safe.

For reference, this is how low the car is out back, so you can keep that in mind with the LCA angle and shock mount angle. ~23 inches from the top of the fender arch to the ground.

I can't wait to get the motor in and see how the front sits!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

YES!!! Come get the knuckles this afternoon. Ill have them all welded up for you.

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)