Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Old 08-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Phil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these partsPhil703 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

I love you Knoop. You're s14 is inspiring me to do so much shit to mine, Cant wait to see this done! Am I granted a ride along when it's done? I'm curious as to what you used to seal the wheels up with?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime
Default Re: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
Knoop how does your offset change by getting bigger lips? Id never understood that. The back spacing is the same, so all you did was widen the wheel. A real 17x11 + 4 would never fit in front of an s14. I can bring steven james wheels to the shop to compare
I drew something for you!

Adding that wider face lip makes the entire wheel wider, moving that "backspacing" spot. It does not move in relation to the back lip, but when adding a lip like he did, it moves it further from the front lip face. This gives it a lower offset.

And my offset numbers and width are not accurate. They are to give you an idea of what's going on when you do what he did.

Last edited by Odysseus Prime; 08-15-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:02 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Knoop how does your offset change by getting bigger lips? Id never understood that. The back spacing is the same, so all you did was widen the wheel. A real 17x11 + 4 would never fit in front of an s14. I can bring steven james wheels to the shop to compare

The backspacing doesn't change at all. The front spacing does. The backspacing is the same on a 17X7 +50 and a 17X11 -1, the front spacing is way different. Backspacing only changes if you change the back part of the wheel - offset has to do with where the face is in relation to the middle of the wheel, so when you change the lip and the width of the wheel the offset will naturally change as well.

Basically, the front spacing on the 17X7 +50 is like 1.5-2", I've added 4" to that. A 17X11 +50 and a 17X7 +50 have a completely different backspacing. In fact, for the offset to have remained the same the 11 would have to some how add 51mms to the inside barrel and 51mms to the outside of the barrel - I just added 102mms to the outside .
Old 08-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
The backspacing doesn't change at all. The front spacing does. The backspacing is the same on a 17X7 +50 and a 17X11 -1, the front spacing is way different. Backspacing only changes if you change the back part of the wheel - offset has to do with where the face is in relation to the middle of the wheel, so when you change the lip and the width of the wheel the offset will naturally change as well.

Basically, the front spacing on the 17X7 +50 is like 1.5-2", I've added 4" to that. A 17X11 +50 and a 17X7 +50 have a completely different backspacing. In fact, for the offset to have remained the same the 11 would have to some how add 51mms to the inside barrel and 51mms to the outside of the barrel - I just added 102mms to the outside .

That's what i said in a smarter way knoop. F-you.lol

And I even took the time to draw it.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

I know how offset works, but i wasnt sure if by changing the front lip it would do anything. I know +0 offset means the center of the wheel.
Old 08-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Previously Odyssey

then common sense should dictate that you should have understood what adding a wider front lip would do to the rest of the wheel silly.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I know how offset works, but i wasnt sure if by changing the front lip it would do anything. I know +0 offset means the center of the wheel.
Originally Posted by Odyssey
then common sense should dictate that you should have understood what adding a wider front lip would do to the rest of the wheel silly.
Doh!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

hahaha DICK!!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Who possi-reped me? I would like to return the favor
Old 08-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Danny@respecgarage

REP me bitch....lol. tomorrow we start routing the fuel lines and bolting up the rest of the engine components. By the end of the week I plan to have it all wired up and making sweet fucking noisesssss!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: My S14 Drift Car Build Thread (soon to be littered with media content)