Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher
Default Re: New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackGT
Since you want to keep shitting on my thread with your non sense please explain how the Subaru is so much better keeping in mind that it has tested slower in 0-60 1/4 mile and in terms of handling. Lol @ comparing Subaru to Mercedes. I've owned five subarus and I loved them, but they're nothing spectacular especially in terms of quality.
I'm in no way supporting eXpoited...but I'd figure I'd give you a legit responce to your question. The Subaru (imo) is a better choice because it comes standard with Navigation, Bluetooth, and Sat radio. You also have the choice of leather/alacantra vs. the cheap cloth. The ride is slightly better in the Subaru as well, but that, of course, goes out the window once you start changing stuff....which you should...cuz that wheel gap is rull bad.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck djyuck

OP,
Your car is very nice looking. What other cars have you owned? I just can't get over how underpowered these cars are. It's such a shame because they are gorgeous. It runs about a 15 sec QM stock, WTF?!? Does it feel very underpowered? I know, for some, speed is not everything.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Thanks, they run a high 14 stock 0-60 around 6.2 seconds. It's not awful, but it's not spectacular. Then again the car isn't built for straight line speed. From what I've gathered, with some better tires (stock ones are the same that come on a prius) it's running with or better than, cars with 50-70 more hp (msp3, wrx, genesis turbo, etc...) So it feels okay, but where the car really shines is the preciseness of the steering and the overall fun to drive factor ( I drive elbow road every day )

Other cars I've owned:
Supra Turbo
Mr-2 Turbo
2x Lexus IS350
2x SRT-4
4x Legacy GT
Spec-V
3x Civic SI
3x Civic
2x Jeeps (one Cherokee one 5.9 Limited)
Corolla
Integra
Explorer
4 Runner
2011 Sonata
Celica
2x 240sx
TC
M45
Lincoln LS

Might be forgetting a few
Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Registered member

BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT BlackOnBlackGT

Originally Posted by Muncher
I'm in no way supporting eXpoited...but I'd figure I'd give you a legit responce to your question. The Subaru (imo) is a better choice because it comes standard with Navigation, Bluetooth, and Sat radio. You also have the choice of leather/alacantra vs. the cheap cloth. The ride is slightly better in the Subaru as well, but that, of course, goes out the window once you start changing stuff....which you should...cuz that wheel gap is rull bad.
Oh yeah, I understand completely. I was just curious if he had any sort of real logic behind his arguement. Which it's obvious he didn't. The Subaru does have more standard equipment and ability to upgrade, however the base price is also $1300 higher so you still end up paying for it. I can put that money into my first set of mods (coilovers). If I was looking for creature comforts and features I would've gotten back into a lexus. I think both cars are great, otherwise I wouldn't have bought mine. I happened to pass by a dealer that had the exact color I wanted, I didn't even think about the BR-Z at the time. I test drove it and it was done. The way this car drives, to me anyway, has a wow factor that very few cars I've driven can compete with. I don't think you can go wrong either way, it just comes down to what exactly you are looking for. Saying I drive a Scion certainly isn't my favorite thing in the world, but when it comes down to it the car puts a smile on my face every day.

Wheel gap will be gone soon, just need to decide between fortune and BC/BR for coils
Old 08-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Skippy

Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz Gazz

Very clean OP. I used to hate how these look, but now I love 'em. Just needs a little more power. +1 to wheels and moar low

Pay no attention to eXploited. Because Subaru fanboy..
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Gazz
Very clean OP. I used to hate how these look, but now I love 'em. Just needs a little more power. +1 to wheels and moar low

Pay no attention to eXploited. Because Subaru fanboy..
Thanks. I actually hated them too, until I saw someone trying to sell one on craiglist. The picture they posted looked really good. It piqued my interest, so I set off to the dealer and here we are lol.

eXploited has a nice car and he's entitled to his opinion. I just didn't need to hear it 3 times in the same thread lol.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:44 AM
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

I'm sure these things are fun to drive, but $25,000 is steep for what you get. It seems almost like one of those Porsche 911 models where you're basically paying them extra to remove weight and make the car more fun. I like them a lot, but every time I think about one I start to think about how the Genesis Coupe is cheaper, more powerful (even in terms of power-to-weight according to my calculations), and has a 10-year warranty. Your car looks very nice though, I hope you enjoy it and get some more power out of that engine.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:09 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Elbow Road is not even close to being one of the fun roads around here. Its actually barely a step up from a couple off ramps.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:57 AM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

I drove that FR-S when it hit the lot. Good purchase.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

nice purchase man, love the color. I saw one of these in person and I like them alot.

Quick Reply: New Purchase "Toyobaru" Inside