Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

A Simply Amazing Collection

Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: A Simply Amazing Collection

Originally Posted by Si_AN_B-EAZY
How did you come to induce this? Just curious
It's true.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by WanganRunner
That's a wild collection.

I started to really pay attention in the Corvette room when he passed the 1953 Paxton-supercharged C1 Corvette, which is a VERY rare item indeed. The L88 C2 Convertible didn't hurt either, I didn't even know any L88 'verts were made, there are only 20 L88's in the world (assuming none have been crashed).

I was shocked when I saw that car. When I saw the whole car I said the SC must be custom, no way they were putting SCs into cars that long ago. I'd never really heard much about SCs until the 90s and even then they were only going into custom builds. Hell the first car I really remember KNOWING was SCed was the Terminator. Guess I was very ignorant, lol, here is what I found on the wiki...

The first functional supercharger can be attributed to German engineer Gottlieb Daimler, who received a German patent for supercharging an internal combustion engine in 1885. Louis Renault patented a centrifugal supercharger in France in 1902. An early supercharged race car was built by Lee Chadwick of Pottstown, Pennsylvania in 1908, which, it was reported, reached a speed of 100 miles per hour (160 km/h).
/snip

The first supercharged cars were introduced in the 1921 Berlin Motor Show: the 6/20 hp and 10/35 hp Mercedes. These cars went into production in 1923 as the 6/25/40 hp (regarded as the first supercharged road car[1]) and 10/40/65 hp.[2] These were normal road cars as other supercharged cars at same time were almost all racing cars, including the 1923 Fiat 805-405, 1923 Miller 122,[3] 1924 Alfa Romeo P2, 1924 Sunbeam,[4], 1925 Delage,[5] and the 1926 Bugatti Type 35C. At the end of the 1920s, Bentley made a supercharged version of the Bentley 4½ Litre road car. Since then, superchargers (and turbochargers) are widely applied to racing and production cars, although the supercharger's technological complexity and cost have largely limited it to expensive, high-performance cars.
/snip

Last edited by STi_FTMFW; 03-26-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

it's just simply amazing that he's even able to get his hands on some of those cars in the first place.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile gtistile

Originally Posted by WanganRunner

I'd estimate the collection at around $12-15M, personally. The Reventon and Veyron are both worth $1.8M each, with another $1M each for the Enzo and 959. I'm sure there's a lot of value in the muscle car room that my eyes are missing. I didn't see any Superbirds or Yenko Camaros, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some cars in there worth some serious change.
that's laughable... there's 10 cars ALONE in there that are worth over a million a piece... did you forget to account for the other 100+ cars, none of which are worth less than 100k? I'd be willing to bet he's got over $50-75 million in cars in there without blinking an eye.

Last edited by gtistile; 03-26-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE

i would only need 3 of those cars.

take all to a dragstrip, keep the fastest one

take all to a roadcourse, keep the quickest one

release a gaggle of bitches through there and tell them to vote for their fav. car, keep the winner
Old 03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by runnin9z
Thats Ken Lingenfelter the guy that does all that corvette shits collection.
Well, yes and no. John Lingenfelter was the 'corvette shits' guy and he died in a crash back in '03. Ken is his cousin who owned a title company that sold for around $500 million and then bought Lingenfelter Performance Engineering after John's death.

And this has nothing on John O'Quinn's car collection.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

nthimage has disabled reputation

Hi, I'm glad you've enjoyed watching a little "tour" of the collection

While I didn't take this video, I am the official photographer of the collection.

You can view one of the original threads on this collection On Ferrarichat
And view some hi-res images on www.nthimage.com --> Detroit/ Photoshoots

There is a lot of copy-paste info floating around the web that is incorrect; this is one of those instances.

Originally Posted by blah
Well, yes and no. John Lingenfelter was the 'corvette shits' guy and he died in a crash back in '03. Ken is his cousin who owned a title company that sold for around $500 million and then bought Lingenfelter Performance Engineering after John's death.
The owner of the collection bought LPE last fall. He also did NOT sell his company for 500 Mill. I've never asked him what he sold it for; nor will I. Iit was nowhere near that amount.

And this has nothing on John O'Quinn's car collection.
O'Quinn's is quite nice, and different When you start getting into collections like these, you start to appreciate the individual flavor that the cars have relative to the owner.

I'll be happy to answer almost any question regarding the collection
Old 04-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by nthimage
Hi, I'm glad you've enjoyed watching a little "tour" of the collection

While I didn't take this video, I am the official photographer of the collection.

You can view one of the original threads on this collection On Ferrarichat
And view some hi-res images on www.nthimage.com --> Detroit/ Photoshoots

There is a lot of copy-paste info floating around the web that is incorrect; this is one of those instances.

The owner of the collection bought LPE last fall. He also did NOT sell his company for 500 Mill. I've never asked him what he sold it for; nor will I. Iit was nowhere near that amount.

O'Quinn's is quite nice, and different When you start getting into collections like these, you start to appreciate the individual flavor that the cars have relative to the owner.

I'll be happy to answer almost any question regarding the collection

Whos dick do you have to suck to go check these collections out?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

was a smarter move buying all those cars that will only go up in value than investing in the Stock market.