Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

IT in 804?

Old 12-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Punch the dot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle! Kyle!
Default IT in 804?

Plan to move up to the Richmond area within the next 3-4 months.

Looking on-line, monster etc..

Was curious if anyone knew a IT company/service that may possibly be hiring?

Checked VCU hospital (since I have hospital experience) and other places but no luck thus far.

Just throwing this out there to see if anyone knows of anything..

Thanks in advance,
Kyle
Old 12-02-2010, 06:50 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: IT in 804?

capital one is always hiring. innsbrook is the concentrated tech area, located in the pricey west end jest before short pump.

for it stuff, check www.dice.com instead of the regular monster.com recruiters.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Punch the dot

awesome, thanks for the info!
+rep

Last edited by Kyle!; 12-02-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

PM'd
Old 12-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Punch the dot

replied
Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Punch the dot

bump
Old 12-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

I hear both Cap One and Cavalier Telephone (CavTel) in Richmond are high-turnaround sweatshops. A coworker moved out here after just quitting Cap because the managers were almost resorting to bullwhips and chairs. Dumb bastard just got done moving and was only told about this shop closing up 3 days later, poor guy.

IT IN VA SUCKS STRAIGHT DONKEY DICKPIPE. I wish you luck, tho, as Im going to be on the breadlines come 12/26.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Delbanner
I hear both Cap One and Cavalier Telephone (CavTel) in Richmond are high-turnaround sweatshops. A coworker moved out here after just quitting Cap because the managers were almost resorting to bullwhips and chairs. Dumb bastard just got done moving and was only told about this shop closing up 3 days later, poor guy.

IT IN VA SUCKS STRAIGHT DONKEY DICKPIPE. I wish you luck, tho, as Im going to be on the breadlines come 12/26.
+rep for the truth, and a hilarious sig.

If you want an IT job and don't have 5 pages of experience on your Resume, I recommend relocating to India.

Some will argue that myself and the guy above are full of shit. We're not. There are lots of jobs, the problem is they are all either high up requiring years of experience, etc, or they are so low level that anyone who knows how to do more than plug in a power cord is over qualified and won't get hired due to requiring live-able wages.

I was laid off from IT years ago and now I work on cars for a living. Meanwhile I went back to school for more computer related degrees. Don't ask me why. I think I'd much rather continue working on cars than ever go back to a cubicle. Maybe I'll figure out what I want to do with myself before my mid life crisis hits, haha.

Hope you have better luck than I had in IT.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Punch the dot

I have about four years of experience along with certs.
Might go work for the printer company. FML
Old 12-12-2010, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

talisman has disabled reputation

There's quite a bit of IT employment in the Richmond area.. I graduated from VCU with an IS degree and have a large circle of friends that graduated with the same degree or CS. All of us haven't had many issues finding jobs, granted we all had 3.0+ GPAs and a few other qualifications which probably helped. What's your background/education? It shouldn't be too difficult if you have solid skills and can convey them well in interviews.

Edit: Check out CarMax, they're business is doing well right now and they were hiring many more employees. CapOne, Fed Reserve, MeadWestVaco, BofA, KPMG, Spherion are some of the larger employers around here. Smaller IT shops like Captech, Ironworks if you're into the consulting/app dev side of the house.

Last edited by talisman; 12-12-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Quick Reply: IT in 804?