Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

anyone ever titled a jdm car...

Old 05-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: anyone ever titled a jdm car...

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
Or find a wrecked USDM version, steal the vin, replace the JDM vin with the USDM vin and file for a salvage title.
If you don't care about the VIN on the title and the VIN stamped into the firewall not matching, this will work just fine. Just have an explination ready if a cop ever asks you why they don't match. This also, will not work very well for vehicles that do not have a USDM counterpart.

In my case the vin on my title/registration matched the vin stamped into the firewall on the Soarer, so I wasn't worried about it at all, however I never once had a cop look at any VIN on the car when I got pulled over. I handed them my registration and they handed me a ticket and went on about their business.

O and btw there's no need to file for a salvage title, if you decide to go this route.

Last edited by ClassicJDMCars; 05-09-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:32 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

I was goin to say ask Chris4130 he might know and seems to know. Dude if i were you I would fine one that is already registered so you dont have to deal with the headaches. It would be worth the extra money to buy one already finished, from what I understand you spend more money tryin to legilize than the car is worth alot of the time. I know on honda-tech there are a bunch of JDM legal cars on there for sale. Just do a search.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 AM
Registered Member

crx2sol is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all the help....I knew that some people like to keep it top secret and all that.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:28 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

if people didnt keep it "top secret" every dumbass in va would have their mommy buy them a right hand drive car and the then the govenment would crack down hard. the reason it works for people who do it is because no one really pays attention and cops dont reallly care when they pull you over.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Kinda like this?

(yes, this picture was taken in downtown Richmond, and yes it had/has a valid VA title)

ohhh I miss my old car
Old 05-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
if people didnt keep it "top secret" every dumbass in va would have their mommy buy them a right hand drive car and the then the govenment would crack down hard. the reason it works for people who do it is because no one really pays attention and cops dont reallly care when they pull you over.
bingo
Old 05-11-2006, 03:50 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

If you don't care about the VIN on the title and the VIN stamped into the firewall not matching, this will work just fine. Just have an explination ready if a cop ever asks you why they don't match. This also, will not work very well for vehicles that do not have a USDM counterpart.
When they ask why the VIN's don't match up, just tell them you did a RHD conversion like Cisco (Sucka306) did. I also have never had my VIN checked when getting pulled over, but it'd be more for peace of mind I guess? Yea, it does get a little more complicated when there are no USDM counterparts, but you could probably find something close.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:26 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

I handed them my registration and they handed me a ticket and went on about their business.

nothing beats the time the cop pulled you and walked to the driver side to see you sitting on the passenger side of the soarer...funny stuff street racer
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by SignfcntOthr
When they ask why the VIN's don't match up, just tell them you did a RHD conversion like Cisco (Sucka306) did. I also have never had my VIN checked when getting pulled over, but it'd be more for peace of mind I guess? Yea, it does get a little more complicated when there are no USDM counterparts, but you could probably find something close.
Yes you can easily do that...is it legal?
Well lets just say you can get away with it in VA....Cali might be a diff story
Old 05-11-2006, 06:39 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by Slow_spool
nothing beats the time the cop pulled you and walked to the driver side to see you sitting on the passenger side of the soarer...funny stuff street racer
I remeber that And he still got a wreckless ticket. He was following my evo and did the exact same thing I did but ot pulled and go the wreckless for it

Quick Reply: anyone ever titled a jdm car...