Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bad night for the wrx

Old 08-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Re: bad night for the wrx

damn sorry to hear man....thats what you get for going to aladin express to get your shisha fix
J/P but cant you just swap in the sti tranny? Those are bullet proof.
BTW Im sorry but I met you the othernite, I just didnt know it was you. I was the guy standing next to chris when you were talking about me. So I was like who the heck was that guy and how does he know me thats why I didnt say anything. But next time I see ya I will know who you are
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Damn street racers

trbowrx has disabled reputation

haha yeah its cool terry haha next time bring ur car out so i know u are there hahaha now i will be the kid pimpin in the envoy or audi haha.. umm well i would put a sti tranny in my car but i was thinking that i might just sell my car and get a sti.... the swap for the tranny costs around 6500 when all is said and done.... and as far as the trunk swap i would love to do that and i also have painted sides if you want to trade and the oem rear lip. yeah but i still dont know what i am going to do as far as selling it but if i sold it i was looking to get anywhere from 14-16 for it. the crappy thing is i had the built cryo treated gears and it still busted, i am pretty sure it just couldnt take the clamping force of the act, but spinning all 4 going into second was fun while it lasted, i am just upset the most about not getting to see what this big turbo setup would do in the 1/4 mile. i was hoping for 12.1-12.5 on pump at 22psi and maybe hit the 11s on c16 at 26 psi i know it had it in her, but the tranny didnt
Old 08-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah chris I had looked at that guys setup and all his writeups. pretty sick shit, that was my plan.
it will keep the weight distribution the same as stock (unlike the ls1 or 302 swap) and the sr20 would make more then enough power in the little ass miata.
I think the only thing that sits diff. was the motor was 2" higher so your gonna need a cowl hood.
wireing will be a pain, but thats about the hardest part of the swap. and I think that u need an rx7 rear end to handle the power

butI really just want a bike lol, but I would to see someone in the area do this
Old 08-08-2005, 09:10 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Don't sell the WRX! Or at least if you do, let me know so I can buy it That's got to be my favorite car running around this area.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:15 AM
ROB
Yeah Ya Know!

ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB

Originally Posted by AL-David
BAH dont let something like this make you give up hope to do more with the car. this isnt a setback, its a chance to grow! you knew the trannys were kinda shoddy from day 1 with a wrx. plenty of them around who have done the same thing and built sick trannys. you got a great car with all the right stuff, dont let it end like this!
although the miata would be very cool! Fun car + fun engine= well...fun.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:21 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by LOCO
yeah chris I had looked at that guys setup and all his writeups. pretty sick shit, that was my plan.
it will keep the weight distribution the same as stock (unlike the ls1 or 302 swap) and the sr20 would make more then enough power in the little ass miata.
I think the only thing that sits diff. was the motor was 2" higher so your gonna need a cowl hood.
wireing will be a pain, but thats about the hardest part of the swap. and I think that u need an rx7 rear end to handle the power

butI really just want a bike lol, but I would to see someone in the area do this
yeah I would love to have a SR powerd miata
Paul dont sell your car! That shit is pimp man
Old 08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i agree with keeping the car, your car was awsome man, always love seeing and hearing it.

but if you have to, go sr20 miata lol
Old 08-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

I'd almost worship you if you built a sr-powered Miata. That car would be so god damn sweet.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:41 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

i say ls1 miata.

think of the raw power of that LS1 and the way it would sound. Then think of a miata with that power and sound.

so sick
Old 08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Damn street racers

trbowrx has disabled reputation

thanks for all the comments guys yeah i really would like to keep the car i am trying really hard to sorce out a jdm 6 speed for my car so if anyone that has any connections let me know. i need a jdm 6 speed without the dccd so one from like a sti ver.7 or 6... i really want to keep the car so i am trying very very hard but if no i am most likely just going to take the turbo intercooler turboback fule pump and transplant it into a sti then all i will need is engin management and injectors and bam close to 400whp on pump.... and i will have a tranny to hold it haha. but who knows... man this is making me depressed

Quick Reply: bad night for the wrx