Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Big smile coming out of Performance Autosport today

Old 04-20-2007, 01:30 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Thumbs up Big smile coming out of Performance Autosport today

Had a short break today and stopped by Performance Autosport.

Thanks Kevin for the SCT Xcalibrator 2 for the truck. Even with canned tunes, it runs much stronger and with better fuel economy in the F350 diesel. This beast is fast! Highly recommend this device to anyone with a diesel truck, difference is night and well, supernova.

Will run some MPG comparisons during trips and let you know the results.

Again,
Old 04-20-2007, 01:33 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default Re: Big smile coming out of Performance Autosport today

Tuned powerstroke = fast with lots of smoke.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Glad you like it.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

please for the love of baby jesus tell me it is a 7.3......
Old 04-20-2007, 01:50 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

2005 6.0L, not the problematic 2003-2004 years. Baby Jesus would soil his loincloth if I got a 2003 6.0L.

For the deal I got on this one, couldn't pass it up, even though it wasn't a 7.3L (early 2003 7.3L was my first choice).
Old 04-20-2007, 02:31 PM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

glad to hear you like it. i just bought a '01 7.3 excursion. im very eager to slap some parts on it.
Old 04-20-2007, 03:49 PM
superuser

MBRP turbo downpipe should help, that's my next purchase for mine. Check out www.innovativediesel.com in Maryland, the guy posts often on www.thedieselstop.com
Old 04-21-2007, 04:13 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by Not Stock
2005 6.0L, not the problematic 2003-2004 years. Baby Jesus would soil his loincloth if I got a 2003 6.0L.

For the deal I got on this one, couldn't pass it up, even though it wasn't a 7.3L (early 2003 7.3L was my first choice).

hate to disagree with you...but even with the W rail HPOP distribution system, they will still blow head gaskets with more fueling. i really hope it has had the updated STC fitting on it, otherwise you will very likely blow it apart (common issue) and when it goes, there is a 50/50 chance it will take out the rear cover, basically about 30 hours to fix.

yes, they are fast when you chip them or tweak the fueling, but unless you build them up (namely putting fire rings in the heads and installing head studs) you are asking for issues later down the road. granted, most people that chip a powerstroke dont drive them like most of my customers (average of a service every month, that is at least 5k in one month, pulling a 10-25k lb trailer all day every day.) the worst thing on them engines is to idle them around and stuff. the EGR valves get very carbon'd, along with the VGT ring seizing up with rust often.

add in the fact that running just about any form of different downpipe with the factory flashes (namely the earlier versions that had to be flashed to ignore the EBP sensor so they wouldnt have surge issues at speeds) would overboost like a dirty bastard if someone didnt reset the KAM and do a relearn on the VGT, and even then i had two trucks that would go WAY overboost until we put the OE downpipe back on them.

the 6.0 is a damn good engine, even though there are alot of problems with them. they are maxed out though in terms of power, and from what i have seen (six gun, bully, and diablo tunes) they all cause longetivity issues.

good luck on that thing, they will pull the frikkin gates off hell.

holler at me if you need any help.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Not Stock
MBRP turbo downpipe should help, that's my next purchase for mine. Check out www.innovativediesel.com in Maryland, the guy posts often on www.thedieselstop.com
i hope, i just ordered the mbrp turbo-back, s&b intake, and an edge juice w/ attitude monitor.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 PM
secret-asian-man!!

club_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to allclub_xcursion is a name known to all

kevin also did my 02 f350 and i was very pleased with it. i just want to find some time to go back up and get the towing program set on it next.

Quick Reply: Big smile coming out of Performance Autosport today