Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bye Bye racing in the 804

Old 03-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Bye Bye racing in the 804

I dont even do the car scene anymore even before I left. Probably won't when I come back. I got bored with the norm hang out in a lot and talk shit. Car shows and cruise ins looking at nice muscle cars or cars in general where stupid shit wont occur is something else.
I just rather hang out with friends doing something fun, productive and having a good time. Right now working on squaring our place away, finalizing everything, furnishing it, etc for when I come back in May take importance.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:12 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

There are still plenty of meets and cruise-ins for automotive enthusiasts. If you're not hanging around people that respect cars, then you're just loitering in parking lot with a bunch of ricers. VIR, Summit Point, and locally the Innsbrook Starbucks, Performance Autosports, classic car shows, and cruise-ins (when it's warmer, of course) are all good places to meet the enthusiasts without the drama. No need to start anything up again as it never left, just some of the outdoor stuff is in hibernation during the winter.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
I think meets should be brought back to South Side, thats where MAJORITY of the people who go to Broad Street are from anyway. I miss the meets at Wendy's During the summer on Midlothian, where all the muscle cars would come out new and old. Some tastefully done Imports where there too. I think we should start that back up again. People w/ REAL money were there.
yea that was a lot of fun.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

the only real legit place to go now a days is the MegaMeet up in DC. Cops in and around Richmond are to eager to pull over a import. The cops for the most part are just profiling anyone in a hooked up import. I never hear people with muscle cars or trucks complain about exhaust tickets or having a lowered or rised vechiles. But I cant bash the cops to much cause in the end they are just doing there job and some of us, including myself deserved to get tickets and get in trouble.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

It's actually kinda funny yall import guys catch so much hell from cops around here.

I go hauling ass up broad street or blow the tires off at a light (like i did the other day not paying attention--with a pair of cops sitting by arbys) and they just look at me or ignore me completely.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

It isn't just imports, alot of RPM's guys have been pulled/ticketed for exhaust...
Old 03-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

RLY? Maybe I'm just lucky then.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:10 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WallysDa
I lived in fairfax, where the street racing use to be insane, and people abused it. No ask anyone you would be a idiot to run anywhere in fairfax, because they will take your car in a heartbeat too.

Now seeing what happened in the 757, I'm seriously even questioning the fact if I should boost my car. Because I'm not a fan of tracking my car, I just like to chill and hang out. Not street race. And knowing that there will be nowhere left to hang out once its boosted.

Last week if anyone remembers state troopers were out on Broad, giving out tickets left and right. The second I turned onto Broad last week, I was pulled over. I have a greddy sp2, and I know my exhaust was not loud enough for a cop to give me a ticket. I saw the cops, and purposely made sure I was quiet. Yet I still got pulled. and got 2 tickets.

I think it would be fair warning to say, that exactly what happened in the 757 will happen in Richmond any one of these days. We all go to the same damn spots, and run week after week. And for bells, how many times have people crashed, yet people still go to run out there, knowing the police knows we run there.

Let me hear what you guys think about the "scene" in Richmond, because honestly I think we will have a bust like the one in 757 like any one of these weekends now. Yes I know the cops read these posts so I will go ahead and save all your asses. Stop going to broad st, stop racing at CSX, and stop racing at bells. No dumb ass better flame me for putting out the "spots", because they are nothing new, and cops regularly bust us there.

No maybe we can get a decent crowd going in the south side. What you guys think?

personally this is always going to be an issue no matter where you go or live... .See I was in Tampa Fl for the last 5 years... Every night you go out there your looking at 50 - 300 cars out... Yeah the cops are out, but theres a trend... body kits, chrome cans, rims and things like that often get you pulled... Every time we went out there we played the game of: hey if Tampa PD "TPD" runs us out we drive across the bridge and hit up St Pete... or the Clearwater Causeway... If you don't want to get tickets theres a few approaches to this... A) stop modding your car and going out... Personally this isn't an option for me either... B) find a restaurant that will allow you or hang out and chill in their parking lot...As long as people buy food and what not, or no burn outs, revving motors and so forth is happening.. .Also talk w/ the Restaurant manager and see if something like this does happen if you have or they can call the cops for those who may fuck it up for everyone else...

TampaRacing.com has taken this approach w/ Quaker State & Lube Restaurant in Clearwater... And lets just say every time you go to hat meet.. .Its a good time.. No Stupid ish... and If you decide to go run, don't do it near the meets... Hope that helps, If ya haven't taken that approach already...
~skottie b...

One last thing:
Like others have said before me and more than likely after... If your tired of getting harassed and ticketed then stop breaking the laws asshole... Unfortunately Imports get pulled more than anything... Namely because There are more irresponsible drivers that own Imports.. .statistics can prove that one alone...

Last edited by skott; 03-04-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:51 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

Originally Posted by Frost
It isn't just imports, greg and joey have been pulled/ticketed for exhaust...
fixed
Old 03-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

Originally Posted by Nic
we can go look at bikes for you tomorrow?
what are you thinking lettin her get a bike????

Quick Reply: Bye Bye racing in the 804