Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Henrico cracking down on patterson

Old 07-06-2007, 06:14 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Henrico cracking down on patterson

Originally Posted by Rally Red 98
benounced? i guess you mean beknownst? why are you being condescending about this, you are talking out of your ass.
Best thing Wal-mart can do for this country is to give out free all you can eat hot dogs and pork rinds on election day while the polls are open.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

for one, nobody was complaining about the laws, but about how the fines are now and not using your signal can get you wreckless. anyone that thinks that is fair is a fukin moron, plain and simple.

and are you serious? like we need more revenue for the damn roads. they have just paved every road in chesterfield 3 times and just paved hull 8 times over. they have too much money to spend on roads already, thats why they are paving everything. if they dont spend it, they wont get the same amount next year, and your telling me they need more now?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Banned

to go a step further, let's say kaine thinks better of it (for the good of the citizen of course) and vetoes it. then he is soft on crime (DUIs), and a failure because he vetoed a bill that would fund the new road projects he himself stumped for.

i find this funny since they havnt mad it harder on people that get a dui, yet your getting fucked if you dont use your turn signal.

thats kool, ill get real drunk, run into something and do 10 days in jail, no fines, no biggy. now let me forget to put my turn signal on when I switch lanes when nobody is around and pay $1000+ and have a reckless on my record, sounds good.
and we already had more then anough money to spend on the roads
Old 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by LOCO
for one, nobody was complaining about the laws, but about how the fines are now and not using your signal can get you wreckless. anyone that thinks that is fair is a fukin moron, plain and simple.
Isn't this complaining about the laws?

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
You mean enforcing the bullshit laws that are not the will of the people?
The thread was started because Henrico was stepping up red light enforcement on one intersection, like they have been doing periodically at certain intersections all summer. The same has been happening in Chesterfield...they have been set up at Courthouse and Hull and Courthouse and Midlothian several times already this summer.

The new law has done nothing to change the definition of existing driving offenses. You could have been charged with failure to signal last year and it still would have been reckless driving.
Originally Posted by LOCO
and are you serious? like we need more revenue for the damn roads. they have just paved every road in chesterfield 3 times and just paved hull 8 times over. they have too much money to spend on roads already, thats why they are paving everything. if they dont spend it, they wont get the same amount next year, and your telling me they need more now?
Roads are better around here than many places, but there are still some spots that need work. Hull St. really needs to be widened all the way out past Hampton Park. I don't know WTF they have been trying to do there, but it hasn't been helping and they need to stop and just do it right once. And the concrete on 288 is constantly breaking up...I had a chunk of concrete go through my radiator last week.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Isn't this complaining about the laws?
no, its complaining about the consequences of breakin the laws.

Roads are better around here than many places, but there are still some spots that need work. Hull St. really needs to be widened all the way out past Hampton Park. I don't know WTF they have been trying to do there, but it hasn't been helping and they need to stop and just do it right once. And the concrete on 288 is constantly breaking up...I had a chunk of concrete go through my radiator last week.

they are doing that to hull, but all that is coming from money and a budget since before these new laws. all the newly paved roads have. and your saying we need even MORE money? for what. they are paving roads that dont need it. they paved my neighborhood twice in a 1 month span. it got paved 2 years before that, all the neighborhoods around here are like that.
also, its kinda hard to shutdown 288 to re-pave it
Old 07-06-2007, 05:19 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

unfortunately benounced? i guess you mean unbeknownst? why are you being condescending about this, you are talking out of your ass.

of course kaine was for the bill. one of his campaign platforms was transportation improvement (new and better roads) which means raising revenue. if you recall about 8 months ago, the legislature had already proposed more sales and gasoline tax, but those didn't make it through.

not only was this civil remedial fee revenue measure voted through by BOTH conservative houses of legislature, its patron (the guy who thought it up, david albo of fairfax) is a republican and also a partner in a traffic law firm. he's the ivory tower liberal you can blame, please write him and give him a piece of your mind. he will find it both hilarious and bewildering i'm sure.

to go a step further, let's say kaine thinks better of it (for the good of the citizen of course) and vetoes it. then he is soft on crime (DUIs), and a failure because he vetoed a bill that would fund the new road projects he himself stumped for.
First of all, the word unbenounced is a slag word for, unknown to you. Second IMSHAKN you comment on something I never said anything about, about changing the violations; I’m complaining about the new penalties for the same OLD violations. The penalties were enough as is. Kaine was a proponent, he signed it he could of Vetoed it but he didn’t; plain and simple.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:33 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
First of all, the word unbenounced is a slag word for, unknown to you.
no you definitely mean "unbeknownst." but whatever. that is not important to this conversation.

anyway, LOCO i think the penalty on DUI is pretty harsh. we are talking $3,000+ (over 3 years) just in fines for a first time offender, not counting what you spend on representation, driving school, etc.

i dunno i personally don't have an extra $3,000 laying around to just hand out to the state. i didn't have an extra $1,200 or whatever it was before... license suspension is enough to make me get a ride.

but about failure to signal, which everybody loves to pick on... when was the last time you were pulled just for that? i doubt enforcement of that one is going to increase... that one is used to initiate contact for DUI checks and in the case of an accident.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

no you definitely mean "unbeknownst." but whatever. that is not important to this conversation.

anyway, LOCO i think the penalty on DUI is pretty harsh. we are talking $3,000+ (over 3 years) just in fines for a first time offender, not counting what you spend on representation, driving school, etc.

i dunno i personally don't have an extra $3,000 laying around to just hand out to the state. i didn't have an extra $1,200 or whatever it was before... license suspension is enough to make me get a ride.

but about failure to signal, which everybody loves to pick on... when was the last time you were pulled just for that? i doubt enforcement of that one is going to increase... that one is used to initiate contact for DUI checks and in the case of an accident.
I was in jail with people doing 5-10 days and paying no more then $500 in fines for DUI's. guess what, they still have their liscnense and shit.
but your telling me that if I change lanes and dont signal im gonna get a wreckless and have to pay $1500? you can tell me this isnt a little overboard.

DUI laws are slack. only time you get in real trouble is when you get a few DUI's but I was with people doing more time for being caught 2-3 times driving on a suspended then people that were in for having 2-3 DUI's

Im just saying, VA goes overboard with the laws, and most of the time its the WRONG laws. like the whole banning people under 18 from talking on their cell phones while driving, when its the 35-50 year old bitches that almost make everyone get in a wreck cuz of their phones.
or how bout the fukin that ran me off the road a few times and nothing happend when the cops showed up, other then me getting arrested? or the guy that stopped on the middle of traffic and come up to my truck and run his mouth, yet when I got out and the cops showed up, who gets in trouble? yup me.

sorry Im just sick of the fucked up laws around here
Old 07-06-2007, 07:48 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

i don't know when you were in jail last but i would think it was before 1 july, which means those ppl you're talking about were sentenced under the old guidelines.

and again, i really believe you will be hard pressed to find somebody who gets convicted of the failure to signal thing without it being causal to an accident or done during the commission of a felony like elusion, vehicular assault, etc.

but who knows you might be right. i might get cited for it tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

i don't know when you were in jail last but i would think it was before 1 july, which means those ppl you're talking about were sentenced under the old guidelines.

and again, i really believe you will be hard pressed to find somebody who gets convicted of the failure to signal thing without it being causal to an accident or done during the commission of a felony like elusion, vehicular assault, etc.

but who knows you might be right. i might get cited for it tomorrow.

i know a few people that have tickets for not using a signal. and yes It was before july 1st, but i didnt think they really changed the penaltys for DUI's, other then maybe fine wise

im just ranting, plus ive been drinking a little lol. I just think its bullshit that the consiquences for a DUI is about the same as not putting on your turn signal. I mean shit, ill drink a few more then go out driving around if thats the case

Quick Reply: Henrico cracking down on patterson