Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Homeowners Association (update)

Old 12-19-2005 | 06:30 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Homeowners Association (update)

The idea behind a HOA is that it will keep the nieghborhood "nicer" thus elevating home values for all. I don't like the idea of people telling me what I can/can't do, but I'm rather neat and clean. It's nice when dufus down the street decides he doesn't want to mow his yard or pick up trash... it makes the whole neighborhood look like crap.

FWIW I'm not in an association at all but I have gotten 3 letters from the city, apparently they have inspectors that drive around.

1. Your grass is over the allowed maximum height of 8 inches, pleas cut it or it will be cut for you and billed to you.

2. Waste Management does not pick up carpet or home remodeling debris, please remove items from street or they will be removed and billed to you.

3. Your house (garage door ) is in disrepair, you have 30 days to fix it. From when asshat Mike Key drove through it.

Eh... it's good and bad.
Old 12-19-2005 | 06:46 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Good for you, man, seriously. That shit drives me nuts, my neighboors have called the cops on me, called code enforcement on me, held civic league meetings about me. ITS MY FUCKING HOUSE, I WILL DO AS I WISH.

Thats good shit.

this should be in SPO. mods please move this lol
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:12 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

You think you have it bad? Try living in a gated community with all people above 60 years of age.

My parents recieved a number of letters in the mail about dumb stuff. Two of the worst letters were when someone had complained that "we were walking our dog for over an hour without a poopy bag to be seen"....which would have been in our pants pocket.

Another time we got a letter from our neighborhood's attorney stating that we would be thrown out of the neighborhood if I continued to bring cars to my neighborhood to tune and work on my own car more than once every couple of months. I'm pretty sure this one was from the bitch who lives across the street. She would complain even when I had a car sitting there at idle in my garage. She has even bitched at me for hanging out in front of my house at night with a couple a friend. All we were doing was talking and she said "voices carry at night"...lol wtf.
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:38 AM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Nice Job Richard. It's good to hear of at least one of those situations working out properly.
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:55 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Not Stock
His house is now up for sale.
Now you have to pile as much shit in your yard as possible and just generally make your little part of the neighborhood look like ass so he'll have a harder time selling it.
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:22 AM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

^^^ We all need to park our cars in your yard when they have an Open House.
Old 12-19-2005 | 09:58 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

fortunately since you were there before a hoa they can suck a fat one. my folks had a major battle with one years ago over a privacy fance. when they started coming to the house my pop introduced them to the 2 german shepards and rottweiler that lived behind said privacy fence. Good times. There was a second incident involving the color they had painted the house. i cant tell you how close the old man came to repainting the side of the house facing the offended neighbor pink w/purple pokadots.

Only issue i had with a neighbor myself was this bitch that had issues several vehicles in the yard she couldint even see from behind her 7 foot privacy fence. So long as they are functional you can have as many cars as you want However in henrico your privacy fence cant be over 6 feet. That bitch left us alone after that.....

IMO you buy a house you own it and do whatever the fuck you want.
Old 12-19-2005 | 10:01 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Neighbor at last house was being an ass while he had his open house, "Could you please stay inside?" Yeah. He actually asked that.

Had my youngest brother come down with a few lawn tractors and we tilled up the front yard. It was great. Have a picture of him hanging off the seat of a big tractor with tiller beer in hand, cigarette dangling, and a few "bubba trucks" parked out front on the street.

This time, I'm thinking pink flamingo with a christmas bow around it's neck. Very festive indeed.
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:31 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

get one of those rediclious air filled snowglobes. Face it at their house instead of the street.
Old 12-19-2005 | 04:44 PM
Registered Member

JoesHB has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AL-David
get one of those rediclious air filled snowglobes. Face it at their house instead of the street.
My neighbors have those for every holiday. I'll get a pic up of their christmas ones.