Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

A hypothetical what would you do?

Old 05-14-2007, 01:49 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: A hypothetical what would you do?

His boss has already told him where he stands on the issue. Any counteroffer would be a temporary fix to the problem.

Your situation reminds me of the Dave Chappele stand-up act...

David Chappelle: "Hey, baby! Stop selling weed, all right, you've got your whole life ahead of you." He goes, "Fuck you, *****. I got kids to feed!"

You got a daughter to feed. Keep that in mind. I'm not saying you should start selling weed, but you gotta make some sacrifices to get a better salary.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

coke is the hotness in cfield.... weed's for small timers
Old 05-14-2007, 03:00 PM
wheels up bitches

Z-Rated Z-Rated

find a new job
Old 05-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Well if its company policy and in your pay plan arent they legally liable to do it. Your boss could just be mis-informed on your pay plan, show him in the book exactly what it says and he should do it. Espically since you said you have a good relationship with him. And if he still doesnt then go to the GM and tell him whats going on.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I wouldn't be going over anyones head unless he has something to fall back on. This never ends up easy and both side will always have some sort of animosity. Sure, he can go over his boss's head and when the boss finds out, he could take his own action and let him go.

If he was to do that, always have a back up plan to follow up on in case

A. They let him go.

or

B. He has something to call their bluff with. Having a backup plan with a higher and better paying job will allow him to win in this situation even if it will not be with his current employer.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:24 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation

The response shows how much they care about you. That response was uncalled for and tactless. Unless there's a higher level of authority to go to report this supervisor, submit your two week's notice. You'll be the better person.
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

If it's in the handbook, can't you contact a company HR rep about it?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:47 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by blaxican25
If it's in the handbook, can't you contact a company HR rep about it?
You would think so... but we have trouble getting in contact with the payroll lady, let alone a HR rep.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:52 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

Oh... and Nic,

DON'T LEAVE ME!!!...lol. You're the only sane person there. I don't blame you if you were to leave. This is deffinately not where I see myself 6 months from now.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

FUCK playing exactly those kinda of fucking games and putting up with shit from an employer. you got some skills, start your own business! its more stress and til things are 100% money can really suck ass but in the long run its worth it because you are free. if monesy a concern get a bullshit night job so your days are free to grow a business. trust me you will thank yourself!!!

Quick Reply: A hypothetical what would you do?