Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

A hypothetical what would you do?

Old 05-14-2007, 08:04 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: A hypothetical what would you do?

You are into drag racing and work on your cars often. I am sure you could think of several parts that could be designed better. Get an idea then put it into motion. Think of motor swaps in fox bodies -- hose clamps, drag lower control arms, strut tower braces, etc. Plenty of places will custom mill you a part and you can sell them online with only about $50/yr in overhead. If you need help, you know there are plenty here with experience to help a brutha out.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered Member

99whtneon has disabled reputation

all i can say is talk to human rescource or his boss. since you have brought it to your bosses attention he cant say you skipped the line of authority.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:10 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by 99whtneon
all i can say is talk to human rescource or his boss. since you have brought it to your bosses attention he cant say you skipped the line of authority.
I think you missed the point of his post.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

If that was me, I'd look for a job, find one and then put in my two week notice. Try not to burn any bridges though, it's a small funny world out there and you never know where you or someone else will be in a few years. And it's always easier to find a job when you already have one.

You got suckered into a crappy position and got stepped on when you try to get what you deserve. It's not even about the money now, they've disrespected you twice. There's no need for you to be there.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:07 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally Posted by Nic
So say you took a job with the strict understanding that you wanted nothing to do with being in a position of authority, ie., management. For about 9 months, it goes fine, but then you're finally leveraged into taking a management position. Since you work a sales job where your pay is an hourly base + commission, becoming the customer service manager has cut into your sales and you wind up losing about $2/hr off your pay because you spend so much time helping and training new employees. Well, say you were browsing through your company's employee compensation handbook and found out that your minimum base pay should be $1.50/hr more than you're presently making and could range up to $2.75/hr more. With this new found information, you take it to your boss, whom you have a good relationship with, and the repsonse you get is "if you don't like it, you can turn in your keys."

What would you do?
Finish school, and then we open up our own shop. x2 <3
Old 05-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

id goto the HR dept with my findings.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:17 AM
superuser

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
id goto the HR dept with my findings.
That would solve absolutely nothing.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:43 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by 5th Gen
Finish school, and then we open up our own shop. x2 <3
May 18th 2008
Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Captain Neg Rep

sloJRSCls sloJRSCls

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13
Oh... and Nic,

DON'T LEAVE ME!!!...lol. You're the only sane person there. I don't blame you if you were to leave. This is deffinately not where I see myself 6 months from now.

Thanks asshole ...LOL.

Nic--You've made it this long , and your coming along in school. I think a longer period at SAC would look better than a shorter period at two different shops? Maybe thats just me....