Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need a shop to rebuild koni yellows

Old 01-23-2011, 04:48 PM
ih8
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ih8 has disabled reputation
Default I need a shop to rebuild koni yellows

I need a local shop to rebuild 2 rear koni yellows. Please hit me up with any info thank you

Marcos
Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 AM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need a shop to rebuild koni yellows

I need my 4 on the sedan done too buddy so shoot me a text when you find one.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:52 PM
ih8
Registered member

i think koni does it for about 75 each but im not sure yet and i really dont want to go through the hassle of shipping and waiting a month and stuff. but as soon as i find someone ill let you know
Old 01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

You most likely wont Find anyone locally. Truechoice and Koni NA can do them or will tell you of somewhere else. It will be more then 75 dollars im almost sure of though...
Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

A rebuild will be upto 130 per damper. It depends what needs replacing. There are NO local places that is Koni certified. The closest place is in KY or TN.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

Koni = cheaper up front but $$$$ to custon valve/rebuild
Bilstein = $$$ up front but $65 to rebuild from factory

Koni in KY:
http://www.koniracing.com/shopservices.html
Ohio:
http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices.com/menu.html
Old 01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
ih8
Registered member

thanks guys..

the only thing wrong with both of them is the adjuster is stuck and im not sure if its stuck on hard or soft or anywhere in between.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

google koni stuck adjuster. There were a few fixes or tips for adjusting them. Most likely what happened is the shock bottomed out and make have knocked the adjuster. Try contacting any of those places listed above and ask them for ideas.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
Registered member

ACTUALLY HERE I GOT YOU:

QUOTE CRX Lee:
/////////////////////
The adjuster could be stuck for two reasons: bottomed and internally damaged or just simply adjusted to a max setting and turned too hard to thread bind the adjuster. The fact that the shock comes out very, very slowly on that shock would give some evidence that it simply may be stuck at a max setting so I would expect it to take a very long time to extend under it's own gas pressure. My suggestion would be to try to carefully turn it clockwise towards soft and unstick the adjuster. it will either break free or break off depending on what has happened. If it breaksfree, you are good to go. If it breaks off, it was already stuck and damaged so there is no real loss there as it adds no effort if you have it serviced. To try to break it free, put a small crescent wrench (parallel jaw and not pliers what are not parallel) on the adjuster tab at the top. Hold the chrome rod in your hand and lightly bounce the wrench in a clockwise direction with your other hand. The adjuster rod is about a 14 inch long "J" hook that reaches all the way through the piston rod, pokes out the bottome them hooks back up to interact with the adjusting nut on the bottom then hooks back up to interact with the adjusting nut on the bottom side of the piston. It is this nut that gets stuck with a jammed adjuster. If you lightly bounce the adjuster rod, it will twist and wind up and try to loosen the nut. If you turn it too hard, too quickly, you can just snap the rod off so be carefull to bounce and turn it without overstraining it too much. If it can be possibly loosened, this will do it. If the nut can't be loosened then the rod would break anyway and doesn't matter. If you do break off the adjuster rod, l;et me know and I can likely sell you a single new one for a bit over $100 each. It will be chaper and faster for you to buy a new one than to have the current one taken apart, fixed and rebuilt and tested.
//////////////////

I used a crescent wrench and bounced it like he said, and it unstuck the adjuster. I can now turn it through its full range of adjustment and the piston rebounds very quickly when it is set to soft. I don't know if you're problem relates to mine, but good luck none the less.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:20 PM
ih8
Registered member

Thanks a lot for some good info that can help more people

Quick Reply: I need a shop to rebuild koni yellows