Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Now drives a SWagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi Z33_Taxi
Default Re: Inspection Sticker Ticket (Question for the Experienced)

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
you will have to pay court costs regardless of the charge getting dismissed.
I went to court with my new inspection ticket in VA beach and I walked out w/o paying anything
Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

When I called the court I got the impression that the "fine" is $96 which I guess means I could pay that and not get the car inspected.
Say what you mean and mean what you say I guess? :shrug:

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
You act like you are explaining this to someone who isn't intelligent.
Typical vadriven response:
An intelligent person would have gotten the car inspected before driving it.
An intelligent person would have asked the person they spoke with over the phone instead of asking people on a forum about it.
[/THREAD]
Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 AM
SPARKLEmotion

FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah FObangah

Originally Posted by Z33_Taxi
I went to court with my new inspection ticket in VA beach and I walked out w/o paying anything
Im starting to think this is different outside of central va.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FObangah
Say what you mean and mean what you say I guess? :shrug:
I am floored by your persistence to prove a non-issue. As mentioned above I wrote that to explain the fee structure to you. Elsewhere I mention getting the car inspected. This should be a non-issue, yet you want to preach about something?

Typical vadriven response:
An intelligent person would have gotten the car inspected before driving it.
An intelligent person would have asked the person they spoke with over the phone instead of asking people on a forum about it.
[/THREAD]
No, typical response would have been to call you a faggot for continuing to ask questions about something of no importance. I simply stated over and over my intentions which you felt the need to question and then try and remind me to do something I had already intended to do. Congrats.

Also, as stated above (try to look at the thread as a whole and not simply pick out lines that I wrote to educate you, which you are now using to build your "case") I am asking on a local forum as I was interested in the feedback of others. Believe it or not, the court employee very well could be wrong (government admin employees in general are laughably disinterested in their jobs) and someone here might point me in the right direction of how their recent experience differed from that of what the court might say.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by FObangah
100% correct.

If you are required to go to court or attempt to pay JUST BEFORE your court date in that 10 to 15 day (or what ever it is, i think it varies with the type of offense) window that they process your paper work for the judge you have to fork out the money for court costs.

I had the same thing happen to me: Bought my car in NC, fully registered and insured before I picked it up. When driving back the SAME DAY I picked it up, I was stopped by Henrico's finest (not a block from my house mind you). Even after showing him my bill of sale that was NOTARIZED, he still wrote me the ticket. I showed up to court with the pink slip from my inspection that I got THE NEXT DAY and he of course dropped the ticket but sent me around to the clerk. There, the clerk explained to me that " Unfortunately, if you have to step in front of the judge for any traffic offense, you have to pay court fees." So I took that $60 shot in the ass, but it was worth it hear the judge tell the cop that " .... this was a waste of my time and especially Mr. O'Leary's (me) time."

You on the other hand, drove for 6 weeks with out getting it inspected. What did you expect?
I'm not talking about going in front of the judge. I have had charges like this dropped by the officer and the clerk of courts prior to the court date and didn't pay a dime.

I searched for fees that the clerk of courts are permitted to charge and did not see anything for traffic. Maybe somebody who is really interested in this can find it but I doubt that you will have to pay anything if you have the charge dismissed early.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM
SPARKLEmotion

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I am floored by your persistence to prove a non-issue. As mentioned above I wrote that to explain the fee structure to you. Elsewhere I mention getting the car inspected. This should be a non-issue, yet you want to preach about something?
lulz
No, typical response would have been to call you a faggot for continuing to ask questions about something of no importance. I simply stated over and over my intentions which you felt the need to question and then try and remind me to do something I had already intended to do. Congrats.
something of no importance= this thread?
what exactly are your intentions?
you already intended to pay ticket/go to court? Then why start a thread? yeah yeah, because you wanted peoples "personal experience". If you "intended on doing anyway" why even ask?
I'm not "preaching" anything and I don't need to be "educated" on how to pick up the phone and call the number on the back of a ticket to find out how much it's going to cost me. If I was ignorant enough to NOT get my car inspected for a month and a half but drove it anyways, I wouldn't post on a forum about it, much less ask for advice on how to get out of paying for some of it.

I did forget to put " OP is a faggot ". the signature VAdriven response. You got me there.

Last edited by FObangah; 11-10-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
1UZ Inside

YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP

My experience,

Got stopped last year in Spotsylvania VA for NO inspection. Got it inspected, showed judge the receipt, case dismissed and walked out without paying a dime.

Year prior to that, got stopped in Richmond with a sticker the had EXPIRED 9 months earlier. Showed up in court expecting to pay an $80 max fine (did'nt fix it). I was fined $20 for every month that passed after the expiration date PLUS court costs. OUCH!!!!