Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jiffy lube strikes again

Old 11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
MTV
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MTV has disabled reputation
Default Re: Jiffy lube strikes again

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LTJjqr0QbIk
saw this a while back, jiffy lube FTLLLLLL!!!!! they over filled my friends car of oil causing his engine to implode...
Old 11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Worse thing I've seen personally was some idiot draining the trans on a Subie, then adding 4.5 more quarts of oil to the oil and giving it back to the customer.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Strychnine
Worse thing I've seen personally was some idiot draining the trans on a Subie, then adding 4.5 more quarts of oil to the oil and giving it back to the customer.
I have installed transmissions and engines for that very reason.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

In HS, i worked at Merchants (same thing as Jiffy Lube except they also do tires). You wouldn't believe some of the crap that goes on in there lol. The General Manager was a real honest guy, but everything happened behind his back. There was a couple store managers that were in on some of the stuff that goes on. I've seen things from techs cheating the alignment machines to fake an alignment print out, to sales reps convincing people with almost new tires that they needed new ones so that he could keep them and sell them on the streets. This one perticular store manager "ran the show" on Sundays while I was working there. The store opens at 9AM, he shows up at 12. He also has his boys hussle stolen stereo parts from NY.

good times lol
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I have installed transmissions and engines for that very reason.
*Serious note- Woodrow, you guys are not looking for service writers are you? I need to get far far away from Sears. The worst thing is telling customers "Sorry, we can not do that kind of work."
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13
*Serious note- Woodrow, you guys are not looking for service writers are you? I need to get far far away from Sears. The worst thing is telling customers "Sorry, we can not do that kind of work."
Unfortunately we aren't. We are full staffed. The Nissan Service might, I dunno. I know we are full.

I can understand why Techs would cheat alignment specs. Merchants pays them jack shit to do it. They get paid less than an hour(when I worked there in 2003-2004) for a 4 wheel alignment. We pay the techs 1.7 to 2 hours. Who wants to mess with an alignment for .75? I firmly believe if you pay the techs what they are really worth for as job, you get a much better job.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 AM
<for rent>

Richter has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Unfortunately we aren't. We are full staffed. The Nissan Service might, I dunno. I know we are full.

I can understand why Techs would cheat alignment specs. Merchants pays them jack shit to do it. They get paid less than an hour(when I worked there in 2003-2004) for a 4 wheel alignment. We pay the techs 1.7 to 2 hours. Who wants to mess with an alignment for .75? I firmly believe if you pay the techs what they are really worth for as job, you get a much better job.
agreed, people dont realise how big of a pain an alignment can be sometimes, especialy on a car with a drasticly altered suspension...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

coolme187 has disabled reputation

man, ive sheard some shit from a friend that works at goodyear as well. dumbasses double gasketing oil filters, draining trans fluid, and adding regular oil to the trans, not torquing wheels down, having a car fall off a lift. sad really
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Not a huge surprise. Most places will let any idiot off the street come in and work on a car.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Slow as Shit

We see a lot of draining the transmission and adding oil, trying to remove the transmission filter(looks just like the engine oil filter only next to the trans).

Quick Reply: Jiffy lube strikes again