Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Jiffy lube strikes again

Old 11-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Jiffy lube strikes again

Originally Posted by coolme187
man, ive sheard some shit from a friend that works at goodyear as well. dumbasses double gasketing oil filters, draining trans fluid, and adding regular oil to the trans, not torquing wheels down, having a car fall off a lift. sad really
Hey I work at Goodyear and we don't have idiots like that are our store lol.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:09 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

going to the dealer may cost more, but i still feel safer about it. I'm taking the miata to some "preferred" shop for my insurance to get my damage fixed and it makes me nervous.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:46 PM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

i know i can trust certain dealerships, but the place i've been taking my parents' ford minivan seems sketch. everytime i take it in, they tell me about some kind of repairs that need to be done. they supposedly replaced a taillight which now the brake light is out. they also want $1000 to replace an abs module.

anybody know of a decent place to take a ford to. i'm tired of feeling like getting ripped off.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

driskill has disabled reputation

i love these shops ,just kidding, gets mine at least 2 motor jobs a year , leaving drain pan bolts loose , or forgeting to add oil , and 3-4 oil pan jobs a yr , over tightening drain plug and strippin threads!!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Unfortunately we aren't. We are full staffed. The Nissan Service might, I dunno. I know we are full.

I can understand why Techs would cheat alignment specs. Merchants pays them jack shit to do it. They get paid less than an hour(when I worked there in 2003-2004) for a 4 wheel alignment. We pay the techs 1.7 to 2 hours. Who wants to mess with an alignment for .75? I firmly believe if you pay the techs what they are really worth for as job, you get a much better job.
Oh I didn't know you did alignments. Can you also align traction bars? I have yet to find a shop that knows what I'm talking about when I mention that. I've been to 3 shops so far, and I know the alignment is not where is needs to be.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by ZeroMR
Oh I didn't know you did alignments. Can you also align traction bars? I have yet to find a shop that knows what I'm talking about when I mention that. I've been to 3 shops so far, and I know the alignment is not where is needs to be.
Yeah, we have a nice alignment rack. My guys only touch Subaru's and factory specs. Have you tried Ron Ellis?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yeah, we have a nice alignment rack. My guys only touch Subaru's and factory specs. Have you tried Ron Ellis?

I have no idea who that is, where is he located?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

next to Pearson Dodge on Murray Olds Drive. Ron Ellis frame.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Banned

lolfordlol is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahahaha, man i remember when i worked there. Guys didnt know crap about cars. hell they didnt even know they were suppose to change oil on a car before they got the job. but they get paid 6 bucks an hour, sad yet alot of idiots still take their cars there
Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by lolfordlol
hahahahaha, man i remember when i worked there. Guys didnt know crap about cars. hell they didnt even know they were suppose to change oil on a car before they got the job. but they get paid 6 bucks an hour, sad yet alot of idiots still take their cars there
You're talking about Jiffy Lube and not Ron Ellis, right?

Quick Reply: Jiffy lube strikes again