Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Looking for Job!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Looking for Job!!!!!!!

Stay away from the automotive industry right now as it is hurting.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Stay away from the automotive industry right now as it is hurting.
so the aluminum industry...thank you housing market
Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

< needs a PT job in Richmond...
Old 02-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by TheLittleRedSRT
so the aluminum industry...thank you housing market
+1 on the housing.
My servicve manager is also a Real estate agent along with his wife, so he tells us a lot of crap.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:35 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Anyone who has any manufacturing experience needs to sign up at VEC. My employer is doing a lot of hiring (a lot of people expected to retire in the near future) and hires machine operators (starting pay ~$24/hr) exclusively through VEC...no applications taken at the plant.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered member

sleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these partssleekef is infamous around these parts

If you have mechanical skills, clean urine, and a good resume try

www.vse.vsecorp.com go to career opportuniites. They are located in Ladysmith and Ashland if that is close to you guys. they start at 16.00 /HR
Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 AM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Anyone who has any manufacturing experience needs to sign up at VEC. My employer is doing a lot of hiring (a lot of people expected to retire in the near future) and hires machine operators (starting pay ~$24/hr) exclusively through VEC...no applications taken at the plant.
Sounds close to what I was doing before. Whats the name of the company So I can recognize it. 3 of us that were layed off are goin to the VEC in the morning
Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Originally Posted by TheLittleRedSRT
Sounds close to what I was doing before. Whats the name of the company So I can recognize it. 3 of us that were layed off are goin to the VEC in the morning
It's a Fortune 100 company, but having the name won't help you due to the way they hire. They don't advertise positions, they just tell VEC that they need x number of people that have certain skills. VEC identifies potential candidates and asks them to fill out an application. The hiring process takes a couple of months and they also hire in spurts...the 30 people they hired in January were initially contacted in early November.

What they usually look for is a HS diploma/GED and 3 of the last 5 years operating manufacturing machinery. When you sign up at VEC, register for "General Employment" and thoroughly describe your previous job duties, skills, and equipment and tools used. VEC does a job match based on the company's requirements so make sure you cover everything that you have done. Also keep your information at VEC updated because you won't know when they may try to contact you. I wouldn't wait on them because it may be a few months before they hire again.

I had a friend who was layed off from Aleris last year. They invited him back, but he kept looking for a different job. He got hired on with Chesterfield County so he's glad he didn't go back. Good luck with the search.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:31 PM
TeamDickButt #9

elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757 elements757

Richmond job market is horrible, I've applied to 15 places, most didn't call back, 1 did and I still didn't get hired.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by elements757
Richmond job market is horrible, I've applied to 15 places, most didn't call back, 1 did and I still didn't get hired.
Can't take a hint? LOL. Richmond job market is pretty good, actually. Here's a tip -- don't write your resume on a napkin or in crayon. Do you have a resume or are you just filling out application forms?

Quick Reply: Looking for Job!!!!!!!