Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

LS1 lovers....the next level of badassism

Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Owe 'bama Care

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT
Default Re: LS1 lovers....the next level of badassism

Originally Posted by eeterp
isn't that a common output/liter in the forced induction world?
Somewhat. My stock turboed car is at 125 per liter, ones with stock block, upgraded turbo and head nets 200-220 per liter.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

isn't that a common output/liter in the forced induction world?
a stock 95-99 dsm is at about 205-210 on a 2.0. so yeah.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
a stock 95-99 dsm is at about 205-210 on a 2.0. so yeah.
By stock you mean, stock block?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE

without being close to the talons and eclipses based on their performance i am certain they do not leave the factory with over 400 horsies

and thanks for proving my point.. my ohv is doing just as well as whatever the hell the new fancy shit you refer to gots.. last year still on stock block stock crank stock intake and throttlebody, upgraded turbo and upgraded heads same = same
Old 04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by BluestedSRT
no im mean stock everything. Although that is probably not to the wheels.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:05 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BluestedSRT
How does 302whp / liter sound?

This is a game you don't want to play around here...

If there's a hp per liter title in this thread I got a pretty good Idea who has it.

I dunno if this guy is trying to be a serious troll or just fucking around or what.. but I hope he knows that OHC is 50 years old and there is nothing new or superior about it?

back on topic.. is this a new setup for the firebird? Going for 8s?

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 04-16-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:13 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
last year still on stock block stock crank stock intake and throttlebody, upgraded turbo and upgraded heads same = same
I'm really not trying to get into a pissing match, as I think you have an impressive engine. However, 2.0L nissan motors, designed almost 20 years ago have been known to put out over 300hp/liter (actually 334hp/liter, IIRC) on stock block and stock crank. With a built bottom end (sleeves, crank, etc), the same old nissan lump has hit 500hp/liter.

Last edited by eeterp; 04-16-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:24 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I'm really not trying to get into a pissing match, as I think you have an impressive engine. However, 2.0L nissan motors, designed almost 20 years ago have been known to put out over 300hp/liter (actually 334hp/liter, IIRC) on stock block and stock crank. With a built bottom end (sleeves, crank, etc), the same old nissan lump has hit 500hp/liter.
needing sleeves to make 1000whp is lame!

On a serious note though.. there's a lot more factors here than just a peak hp number. Making the power at a high RPM is easier on a motor. Low end torque is hell on a motor, just as much if not more so than revving to the moon. The harmonics change throughout the RPM range and different parts take different beatings at different RPMs.. where the power is made affects what parts of the motor take the beating. When you have a high hp 2 liter you're making your power by revving the piss out of it which keeps the beating pretty much localized to the bearings more than anything else. A motor that makes massive low end and midrange power like David's Firebird will take much more of a beating on the rods, pistons, etc, due the power it's making at slower piston speeds.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Owe 'bama Care

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
no im mean stock everything. Although that is probably not to the wheels.
Got you, your talking about total HP. We were talking about HP per liter in which case a stock 99 eclipse turbo 2 liter would be about 105 per liter.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Owe 'bama Care

BTW Wankel owns here. 600 hp rotary = 460 hp per liter.

Quick Reply: LS1 lovers....the next level of badassism