Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Me vs. Tuckahoe BP

Old 05-14-2008, 07:37 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Me vs. Tuckahoe BP

Credit cards are much better at dispute resolution than debit cards as they can withhold funds *during* a dispute claim, pressuring the business to provide the burden of proof.

Congrats on getting this sorted out, but I am sure it has happened to others and needs to be brought to the attention of others if the original pump issue has not been resolved.

Procedural and safety steps were not followed on their part, it's bigger than just getting a refund. Might be worth following through if you can.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:32 AM
RVA

C16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these partsC16 BigT is infamous around these parts

yea go with the news!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
VR6 > VTEC

Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls Dymanznprls

even if you get your money back, still report it or call NBC or FOX. It will expose their carelessness.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Being ive worked at my gas stations for 5 years now, ill tell you that a pump doing that is fucking rare. Basically, ive never seen a pump do that, and ive worked at many different stores, for long times. It must have been a crazy malfunction that your gas was spewing out of the bottom of the actual gas pump, and than magically the next day, it fixed itself, and nobody else had issues? Im sure if 2-3 people said anything about it leaking, it would be shut down.

You should get your money back though, ive learned that the "customers are always right" thing works wonders if used smartly.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Originally Posted by Wally
Being ive worked at my gas stations for 5 years now, ill tell you that a pump doing that is fucking rare. Basically, ive never seen a pump do that, and ive worked at many different stores, for long times. It must have been a crazy malfunction that your gas was spewing out of the bottom of the actual gas pump, and than magically the next day, it fixed itself, and nobody else had issues? Im sure if 2-3 people said anything about it leaking, it would be shut down.

You should get your money back though, ive learned that the "customers are always right" thing works wonders if used smartly.
Wally, is your mom's name 'Debbie'?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by blah
Wally, is your mom's name 'Debbie'?
LOL. My mom dukes and pops just chill around the house. Me and my brothers take care of the stores My parents worked enough in their lives, now its their time to relax and enjoy the fruits of their labor
Old 05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Wally
I know the other week when I went there in the morning(I use that place 3-4 times a week) there was kitty litter all over the parking lot by one of the pumps and you can see the pavement all soaked. It was the pump closest to the store in the front.

Customers are not always right, but you do everything you can to take care of them for their troubles.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Woodrow
I know the other week when I went there in the morning(I use that place 3-4 times a week) there was kitty litter all over the parking lot by one of the pumps and you can see the pavement all soaked. It was the pump closest to the store in the front.

Customers are not always right, but you do everything you can to take care of them for their troubles.
Exactly, but where I work, I get all local customers, so 95% of the time, I clam up and just do whatever they want, as long as its legit. Cant afford losing local, daily business over some little bs.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
uses cruise control

tangoDelta can only hope to improve

Aparently, when Debbie told me that they have been using the pump without any trouble she was referring to a different pump. She was under the impression that the issue had to do with pump #2, the leak was with pump #8.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:26 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

WTF is that shit up there?