Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

my mazdaspeed

Old 03-28-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E
Default Re: my mazdaspeed

My friend has a mazda mp5 and he blew up like 3-4 motors, and 3-4 trannies. Now he swapped in the mazdaspeed turbo swap, and his car is still like shit, and always has problems. Their motors are pretty weak, and cant hold up for much of a beating, on a average basis. On a lighter note, when my gsr wasnt boosted, I took a mazdaspeed from a 80 roll by 1-2 cars.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
edit* this was RHD SOARER people need to log of there SN off my pc
Terry since you have experience with these mazdaspeeds how weak exactly are the internals? That seems kinda shitty that they would let loose on high boost with such a small turbo.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

You mazda guys must NOT know what your doing if you cant make power out of the FS safely

yeha the injectors are faily small, so if you know this, why not fix that? the rods are not all that weak.
if your going to try and make power with a pretty much stock fuel setup then you cant blame the car

Their are plenty of people making good power with the FS
Old 03-28-2006, 09:22 AM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

i had one. It was a POS. While driving it to school one day the downpipe snapped on the welds, this is even before i modded at all. Id get a stand alone becasue that stock ecu is a piece of shit. I can remeber how many times i had to go to the dealer and get it reflashed with the updates. Witha intake and exhaust off at 9 pounds it put down 198hp and 223lbs torque. But I have heard of peopel running 8 pounds and the block break in half.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Originally Posted by LOCO
You mazda guys must NOT know what your doing if you cant make power out of the FS safely

yeha the injectors are faily small, so if you know this, why not fix that? the rods are not all that weak.
if your going to try and make power with a pretty much stock fuel setup then you cant blame the car

Their are plenty of people making good power with the FS
thats what i'm saying
Old 03-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigHead Ted
i had one. It was a POS. While driving it to school one day the downpipe snapped on the welds, this is even before i modded at all. Id get a stand alone becasue that stock ecu is a piece of shit. I can remeber how many times i had to go to the dealer and get it reflashed with the updates. Witha intake and exhaust off at 9 pounds it put down 198hp and 223lbs torque. But I have heard of peopel running 8 pounds and the block break in half.

breaking the block?? dude those blocks are strong as fuck, the pistons are almost bullet proof. The rods are on the weaker side but nothing like you people are talking about. The weakest part of that motor would be the wrist pins, but u still dont have to worry about any of this until bigger numbers.

Seems like alot of morons are getting a turboed car and want to crank the boost up drive the shit out of it and then blame the car when it blows up lol.

I have been working on these motors since alot of u could drive haha
Old 03-28-2006, 10:43 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nismo
ive seen it done
and ive heard it from the peolpe who disect these engines.

the peolpe at mental addiction motorsports woulnt even consider running theirs over 12 psi of stock internals. I have mine at 9 with spikes at arond 12psi. Im thinking about building it it to be able to take it to around 20-22 pounds. Ive just seen it and heard it from the professionals.
That that dumbest thing i've ever herd. Stop believing everything you hear. I've driven several of those cars @ 15lbs. With no problems at all... well other than the ecu being a piece of shit like Terry said. Driveability sucks ass on the stock ecu.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Terry since you have experience with these mazdaspeeds how weak exactly are the internals? That seems kinda shitty that they would let loose on high boost with such a small turbo.
Internals are not the greatest but if tuned right you can run up to 16psi. Its just that the stock ecu is the biggest POS I have ever seen in any fucking car. I was amazed at how mazda even released a car with that shitty ass ecu. Thats why all the motors are popping cuz the ecu doesnt take well to piggy backs and reflashes suck on it.

I ran 16psi on mine for a long ass time with a standalone at 12.5-13 crispy a/f's and it never blew up...thats the key on those cars.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Registered Member

what standalone were you running? Timing is very key to engine longetivety that is for sure.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

eksleeper

Terry how long did you run it like that. I was thing about getting unichip and turning the boost up.

Quick Reply: my mazdaspeed