Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New vehicles, auto scan license plates

Old 06-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDMS1eeper has disabled reputation
Default Re: New vehicles, auto scan license plates

[rant]

im sure they get a kick back from these tickets theyll be writing. Ive noticed over the last couples years that cops are pulling people over and using the excuse "have you been drinking" just so they can check the rest of your car out from a stop. Then they write you tickets for anything they may see wrong even if you wernt driveing bad to even be accused for drinking.

Ive persoanly have gottin pulled in the chester/richmond area, 10 times for this same excuse. I know they are tryin to get losers off the road but pullin people over with fake excuses to make a quick buck is distasteful.

a few years back i had the same problem w/ a prelude a drove, it was white, CF hood and teh rest of it was stock. Over a 3 month period i was stopped over 20 times and asked if i had drugs in the car and if they could search me, IF i had been drinking and other bogus reason.

granted out of ALL of these times being pulled i never got a ticket other then when i was henrico. I was given a improper equipment ticket (exhaust ticket) for having an exhaust on the car that wasnt on the car when i baught it. (IT WAS A NEW OEM REPLACEMENT MUFFLER W/ A PEP BOYS TIP FOR GODS SAKES) wasnt loud, nor just strait threw. It was a rear section that was replace because the factory unit had gone bad. Cop made up the excuse "ANY" non OEM (he doesnt know what that means) part is illegal, that includes replaceing the "original" muffler for another muffler even if it isnt loud and is the same note as original.

but yeah, crap like this makes me loose faith in the ones we shoudl trust most. ...

(or maybe its cuz i drive an import or my plates? LUDE 2NV, S1EEPER and 11SEC EG ... who knows but that doesnt make me a chriminal.... blah)

[/rant]

Last edited by JDMS1eeper; 06-02-2006 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:11 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The "kickback" is given to the citizens in the form of lower taxes needed to support budgets. Most of my budget comes from "asset forfeiture" accounts (thanks in part to I-564 as well as drug-related and computer evidence seizures).

Cops ask the question so they have the chance to smell your breath and check for slurred speech in a response (I teach a few courses at the academy).

Aren't they supposed to write tickets for illegal stuff? If they pulled you over for illegal equipment, having an aftermarket exhaust and lowered suspension is probable cause. When trailing behind a vehicle, a ricer wing and exhaust stands out from a stock looking sedan. That's why imports get pulled more often than domestics -- tickets for illegal equipment (exhaust, suspension, lights, things hanging from rearview mirror, license plate covers, etc).

Then again, maybe it was a colorblind cop looking for a blue Probe with CF hood.

The automated system is fine, imho, and does not violate any privacy concerns as it is simply a more efficient means of a current system and provides no further data or usage. I am very wary of "scope" when it comes to search warrants and probable cause. I keep my glove compartment and trunk locked, same with my hidden safe in the car. A concealed weapons permit will get you on a cop's good side faster than a glazed donut.

As for barcoding people, Germans tried it already. A guy I used to contract for still has the numbers on his arm. One guy was sitting in his office, negotiating on a price with us, and he actually said, "Hey man, don't try to jew me on this." Wow.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

well it wasnt an illegal exhaus, it was just like the one i have on my car now but it was silver (I painted the one on my car now to black to keep getting pulled to a minimum.) I also have a tip on it so that the exhaust will clear the back of the bumper. haha i think that cop just seriously was having a bad day or something...

I just hope they wont get any worse w/ the way they are checking people because it's getting to where you think twice before wanting to go to the movies or hang out on the weekends. Granted they have a right to pull you and ticket you if needed but it just makes you feel as if you were criminal.

Maybe I'll just finaly cage my car, make it a track car only and buy a chevy as a DD. who knows

Old 06-02-2006, 12:25 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

That license plate is about as stealthy as mine.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

lol
Old 06-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

atsiauto has disabled reputation

They seem to build upon each new breakthrough in technology in law enforcement to only shove more of the foot up the tailpipe . Get used to it! if your doing anything wrong you have to pay now and not just when they catch it when they're machine does it for them ..

I dont like it one bit , I am helpless to change it other than hit each one I see parked with a bat till it no longer works. (j/K)
Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 PM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Guys dont Join them Beat them! Buy a Laser Jammer thats what I have. If they are using IF a laser jammer will jam their system and they cant get a readout. It really works! Check it out, watch the videos. http://www.radarbusters.com/products...er/default.asp
Old 06-03-2006, 09:23 PM
superuser

Get caught with one and your poop hole will get bigger.
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Same thing as manual, but now the officer does not have to sit at a stoplight and type in the info.
It isn't the same thing. Is the officer running EVERY plate in sight?

should be able to increase efficiency in catching some wanted felons.
Haha. I'd like to see how many more felons they catch with this system vs how many more revenue-boosting bullshit tickets they write with this system.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:28 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Cops ask the question so they have the chance to smell your breath and check for slurred speech in a response (I teach a few courses at the academy).
I didn't know you had experience processing DUI's to answer any question they have on that issue.

Quick Reply: New vehicles, auto scan license plates