Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The Next Trend in Virginia

Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Next Trend in Virginia

Originally Posted by power_neo
bigger wheels...I've been seein more 2 tone...chrome is coming back..everyone's boosting..

but honestly I think older imports are gonna make a rise, like 80-81 corollas, 80's cressidas, 510's...etc. with stretched tires n stuff...I'm nostalgic I cant own anything over 93 anyways haha.
Older imports can't really make a come back ever.. too rare, too many have been sent to the crusher for a quick buck. Not enough people save them or keep them around like they do american cars.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:50 AM
1UZ Inside

YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP YOTARIP

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Older imports can't really make a come back ever.. too rare, too many have been sent to the crusher for a quick buck. Not enough people save them or keep them around like they do american cars.
Not exactly true. All I play with are old school toyota's ( add one 79 datsun) and there are plenty of 1983 and earlier RWD toyotas around that could be picked up for a few hundred bucks. Of course, the less you pay, the less prestine condition it will be in. Hell, I have bought an 1981 or older corolla every year for the past 8 years, all within 60 miles of Chesterfield. I turn down 2-3 possible buys a year. The truth is, only a hand full of people in central VA are motivated to put in the work it takes to build an oldschool import. It's too easy to follow the beaten path with hondas, mitsu's and sube's. You have to love th challenge of building an old school import, then meet other people with the same love, then you will witness :

2j powered ae86's and celicas in Northen, VA and MD
Lexus V8 powered ae86's in Northen VA
Starion powered 73 corolla's and rotory powered samurias in Dumfries, VA
Turbo volvo powered toyotas in Woodbridge, VA
Rotory powered 74 vw bug in Powattan, VA
Rotory powered corollas and suzuki samurias in Norfolk , VA

I will admit that it is more difficult to find a clean platform to build on compared to 5 years ago, but they are still out there.

The only downside to building these oldshool imports is the constant battle against rust.

The upside is the ability to get antique plates and mod the hell out of them (within reason and safely) without worrying about state inspection.

Maryland has HOTROD liscense plates that allow to register your highly modified car for very limited street use without the need for inspections. They allow for open exhaust, dropped suspensions and so on. Would be nice to have that here.

Last edited by YOTARIP; 03-26-2008 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

new_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond reputenew_skul has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna try to bring about a trend of driving around with snow tires all summer.

who's with me?
Old 03-26-2008, 02:00 PM
the DA in HONDA

power_neo has a spectacular aura aboutpower_neo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by new_skul
I'm gonna try to bring about a trend of driving around with snow tires all summer.

who's with me?
people around here do that anyways
Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
dipset!

g00dhum0r has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 240trainee
hahahahhahhah thats pretty tyte for a smart car...hahhahahahhaa..its like a minivan had a baby..

Last edited by g00dhum0r; 03-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Band

paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket paperassgasket

Originally Posted by streetlamp
Rally racing.
yes! that would be awesome.
except it will probably be hack job Corollas with no 2 matching body panels (or crap paint jobs), huge wings, and like 100lbs worth of audio equip probably purchased for <$100
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
except it will probably be hack job Corollas with no 2 matching body panels (or crap paint jobs), huge wings, and like 100lbs worth of audio equip probably purchased for <$100
what's rally racing?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

Originally Posted by gnarlycharlie4u
i'm going to do you a favor pal, ask anybody who i am and they will tell you, then
Old 02-25-2010, 08:49 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

the lastest trend seems to be noobs resurrecting long dead threads
Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

Originally Posted by Niburu