Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

At least you listened to the 30 or so of us who told you to get a lawyer.

(when i first saw this post, my reaction was.. "If he didnt lawyer up and came here to whine that he got jailtime, I'm going to laugh.")

Coulda been a lot worse, although I'm curious as to why your lawyer didnt push for a "speeding 20+ over" or a 15-19 over... reckless driving on your record sucks.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by Mike187
and Not Stock, you don't think the rate will go up until the next 6 month review? I see how that could work, and that would be nice but what an awful surprise 6 months from now.
Don't give the underwriter a reason to review your driving record and adjust your rates. Don't jump from your parents' plan until you're at least 21 (there are discounts at age 18, 21, and 25) or that reckless is gone since an underwriter would have to pull your driving record to give you a quote.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 PM
BENORML

Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LowTech1
At least you listened to the 30 or so of us who told you to get a lawyer.

(when i first saw this post, my reaction was.. "If he didnt lawyer up and came here to whine that he got jailtime, I'm going to laugh.")

Coulda been a lot worse, although I'm curious as to why your lawyer didnt push for a "speeding 20+ over" or a 15-19 over... reckless driving on your record sucks.

Well I think at 90 it's automatically reckless. The biggest hassle of the whole experience was the security officer at the metal detectors. What a prick. I took my belt off and dropped my cellphone off with a friend and forgot I had some change in my wallet, so it went off and you would have thought the guy just lost his first born child. So pissed that he had to do his job. I understand it must be a pain in the ass to pat people down all the time, but I did my best to actually remove the metal. Most people were talking on their cellphones while trying to walk through it. Anyways, I'm happy about the outcome, just waiting for the insurance cloud to come.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

VAevo9 has disabled reputation

insurance should not go up until your policy is up for reveiw.
I got a 90 in a 55 in gloucester county and they wrote me up for reckless endangerment. but It was drop to a reckless driving after pay $250 and $500 on a lawyer. Can't complain tthough they didn't take my license.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

FYI insurance points and DMV points are not the same... DMV points determine if you get to keep your license.... the ins. com will get your driving record and they will raise your rates.

However they don't always run annual MVRs (motor vehicle reports) which include your record. This is why your rates don't always go up automatically; they don't always look.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
BENORML

Hmm so even after the review my policy they might not find out about the ticket. That's alot of hoping though.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

i wish i had -1 on my record. mine is a whole lot worse than that and I only pay $90/month for two vehicles. So I'm guessing the judge didn't reduce it to an Improper driving or anything so a reckless wouldn't show up on your record? Anyways chances are your insure probably won't go up. mine hasn't gone up in quite some time and I've got more than -10 points on my record.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
BENORML

Yea but how old are you with, your car, and insurance company. I'm 20 and my GTI shows on the card that it's a 337 turbo. If you're in the same boat I am, I definitely should bail on my current insurance plan if they want to raise my rate. It won't really start going down until next year.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

ponycar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

Insurance in VA has no relationship with your DMV points. As someone mentioned earlier, they are strictly part of DMV's "Driver Improvement program", which ings your ass into drivers school, suspension or revokation based on point accumulation. DMV Points

20 over or 80mph is grounds for reckless driving in VA and is -6 points.

Insurance companies won't run your record until renewal. SOme work on a batch process and you might get lucky and they miss it. Others, pull it every renewal. Good luck! Your driving school won't help with them if they find it. The R-D ticket conviction will supersede it.

A little known fact, DMV points accumulated can actually take a few years to come up. What does this mean? It means 3-5 years after "Joe Shit the Ragman" acts like a fool and picks up 4 reckless tickets in a 24 month period, DMV sends a supboena to your house and takes you to court and has you declared a habitual defender. This is an administrative action by DMV and the law states you lose your license for 10yrs. No ifs, ands or buts. The Judge doesn't have a choice in tha matter, which is really unique. The only hope a person has is that theyget a lawyer who gets the local Commonwealths Attorney to not process the paperwork. FYI, getting caught driving after being declared a habitual offender is a felony and wins you time in the State Pen, which makes city/county jail seem like a vacation.

Glad to hear you listened to the advice on the lawyer. Hopefully you realize how lucky you are. I wouldn't hold out for being that lucky twice!
Old 01-11-2007, 04:46 PM
BENORML

Originally Posted by ponycar
I wouldn't hold out for being that lucky twice!

I agree. I am really grateful for the outcome. I don't ever speed like that on main roads. I am usually the first person to pull out the assclown card for someone who does what I did. I can't say my motives excuse the action, but I wasn't just speeding for fun. Thanks again for all the help and advice from everyone. I'll start saving up for those KW coilovers all over again lol. I'll wait awhile on the turbo upgrade lol.

Quick Reply: Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.