Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C89ZX7R is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

Originally Posted by Mike187
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share the results of last months ticket after everyone gave me such helpful advice. Cliffnotes at bottom, but it's more fun to read. Knowledge is power.

Last month I was paced by a state trooper going 90+ on I-95 right outside of Richmond in the Highway Safety Corridor. I could have been arrested right there but the officer let me go because I had a clean record.

Shortly after consulting with the guys on this forum I hired a lawyer, really nice guy named Joseph Sadighian for $300, which from what I hear is a pretty good deal. I was advised to take driving school before the date as well as get some letters from employers and friends for character defense.

Today was the hearing and I showed up dressed in a decent suit, everyone else was wearing Rocawear at 9 in the morning. I don't mean to sound condescending but damn, anything would have been better. My lawyer had talked to the commonwealth attourney before facing the judge to work out an agreement, in which I would not do any time in jail (Sounds stupid but at the speed I was going and where I was, it's very common) and that I would pay a fine of $350. I showed the judge all my neat papers and he agreed with our sentence.

I got off very lucky, no community service or anything. Now I'm just wondering if my insurance will go up. I had 3 points before the driving school and the school added 3 giving my 6 total, then the ticket takes 6 away. So if we use subtraction skills, I have 0. I hope that won't hurt my insurance too much.

CLIFFNOTES:
I was doing 90 in a 55 Safety Corridor
Pulled by state trooper
Hired lawyer
Only paid $350
Had 3 points on license, Went to driving school which put me at 6, and the ticket takes away 6 I think... So I have 0.
How will that affect my insurance?
right outside of richmond ??? must have not a been henrico since they always give jail time for reckless , what court did you go to ? most i have had was 60 in a 25 , cop said he paced me , not possible but since he was being extremely nice i wasn't going to argue with him , . he said he paced me from a stop to 60 mph , kinda a funny cause when the light turned green i nailed it went full throttle on a ZX7R ninja . lol guess thats what i get for not looking to see who was directly behind me at the light doh .
Old 01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
BENORML

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Reckless 90 in a 55 OUTCOME.

Yea I had heard that Henrico was pretty rought. I was coming from Chesterfield on 95N right before you get into the city, the big clocktower thing you drive by on the way. It was the district court on 9th street. You can never be sure what the outcome of a case will be but I've learned to do everything you can to make it better and still expect the worst, that way things might turn out well.