Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

recommendations for shop to install 2way alarm/remote start in a MT car?

Old 03-04-2008, 10:44 AM
WHAT NITROUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: recommendations for shop to install 2way alarm/remote start in a MT car?

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
e-brake or not if its in gear its going.
I have confirmed this on a eclipse GT. It slammed into the back of my beater and started to push it in a gravel drive.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 AM
Registered Member

TINTASSASSIN has disabled reputation
Default Re: recommendations for shop to install 2way alarm/remote start in a MT car?

Originally Posted by alpnwhite96
will the install require a spare key for the immobilizer bypasS?
Affirmative you will need a second Key, we're going to assume you already have a spare key, if not we can provide you with one
Old 03-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 5177
I have confirmed this on a eclipse GT. It slammed into the back of my beater and started to push it in a gravel drive.
5177, then it wasn't the DEI module, remember 5177 the last 2 sequences are remote start (so it's "NOT" in gear) exit vehicle and "ARM IT" which will inturn cut car engine off at same time, even if you return back and "DISARM IT" it won't work, you must remote start and then "DISARM IT" for it to work properly 5177 fail proof or they will not sell it, pay attention and reference back to the previous posts and if you have any questions we are more than happyto assist you. That's what we do "DAILY" and if you still don't know go to our website www.rpmsuperstore.com and review the "about us" link "We are dedicated to Richmond, We are Richmond, Richmond Performance Modifications"................ .com
Old 03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

alpnwhite96 has disabled reputation

Will probably be stopping by this weekend or sometime in the next week... can't wait to get this 2 way in the car... and possibly some other options.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by IanR
I feel like that depends on how much torque your car has

I've stalled a mini out w/ the ebrake up (started car and didn't notice it was in gear) and it didn't move anywhere haha
its completely dif. when the car is remote started in gear its being pushed by the starter. The cars engine doesnt even fully turn on. Believe it or not, starters have crazy amounts of torque. for example, back in the day i had remote start on my manual teg and a friend left it in gear. I remote started it and it ran into a wall and continued to spin the tires after it stoped. I even had a turbo timer so i thought i was safe becasue i couldnt leave my car in gear. But shit does happen.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
its completely dif. when the car is remote started in gear its being pushed by the starter. The cars engine doesnt even fully turn on. Believe it or not, starters have crazy amounts of torque. for example, back in the day i had remote start on my manual teg and a friend left it in gear. I remote started it and it ran into a wall and continued to spin the tires after it stoped. I even had a turbo timer so i thought i was safe becasue i couldnt leave my car in gear. But shit does happen.
3's a charm, once again, it was not the DEI module
Old 03-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

alpnwhite96 has disabled reputation

I guess it helps that I never park my car in gear, ever anyways.