Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Self-Wash in the West End

Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Self-Wash in the West End

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
You're welcome to wash it at my place off Woodman Rd. Maybe you could show me a few pointers on detailing my car. Have a lift if you want to get crazy and clean the underside. Makes it much easier to clean the inside of wheels and wheelwells, too.
Thats an AWESOME offer. Thanks!

I would love at some point to exchange some detailing know-how or demonstration for some lift time. I think I may have blown out the left rear shock on the 3-series as its doing a good deal of clunking..so having a lift to replace that and maybe an oil change would definitely save me some $$.

That and I saw you're a gun guy...VA is my kind of place.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

A guy was changing his oil on a 2002 Subaru here last night and showing people his 4-1/2" turbo downpipe, sway bars, and other mods on the lift.

Just have to use the lift when I'm here (safety) and when it's nice outside (my garaged car has no roof).

If you bring your own cleaning stuff, the hose on the side is always available even if I'm not here. Send me a PM or AIM if you want to wash/detail/use lift/etc.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
A guy was changing his oil on a 2002 Subaru here last night and showing people his 4-1/2" turbo downpipe, sway bars, and other mods on the lift.
Thats damn-near Supra big! My 3.5" DP does the trick just fine for my 535whp.
Just have to use the lift when I'm here (safety) and when it's nice outside (my garaged car has no roof).
More than fair!
If you bring your own cleaning stuff, the hose on the side is always available even if I'm not here. Send me a PM or AIM if you want to wash/detail/use lift/etc.
Very cool. I still have my car stored back in Lexington (have been using my pickup for picking up furniture, bed, sofa (hopefully we find one soon)...Im thinking Ill bring the car back next weekend.

I will be sure to add you as a buddy on AIM. Are you on now?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
I will be sure to add you as a buddy on AIM. Are you on now?
Online nearly 24/7.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

slowcorolla has disabled reputation

If you're interested, here is a gallery of some of my recent detailing: http://gallery.rennlist.com/gallery/album558
Man just saw this and was amazed.............NICE WORK
Old 03-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slowcorolla
Man just saw this and was amazed.............NICE WORK
Thanks. It started out as a hobby on my 1st M3 and grew into a pretty big business. Ive thought about starting something down here...I just dont know if people would be willing to pay the same as they did in the NYC area (that and I dont have access to my own shop as I did in NJ when working for a BMW tuning company).
Old 03-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

alpnwhite96 has disabled reputation

i just stick to using optimum no rinse in my apt parking lot.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by alpnwhite96
i just stick to using optimum no rinse in my apt parking lot.
I am all for ONR when I am going to be polishing afterwards, I just hate the idea of wiping the dirt off with an MF when Im just doing a quick wash.

I know most people will claim that ONR leaves a mar-free finish (Corvettes, Audis), but then there are some clears that are so butter soft ONR can easily mar them.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

alpnwhite96 has disabled reputation

I am all for ONR when I am going to be polishing afterwards, I just hate the idea of wiping the dirt off with an MF when Im just doing a quick wash.

I know most people will claim that ONR leaves a mar-free finish (Corvettes, Audis), but then there are some clears that are so butter soft ONR can easily mar them.
in the winter time, i have no access to a hose here in the complex.

they take it away
Old 03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by alpnwhite96
in the winter time, i have no access to a hose here in the complex.

they take it away
So does mine because people use it and then it freezes.

Quick Reply: Self-Wash in the West End