Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shelby V6!

Old 11-04-2005, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doom Sayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shelby V6!

Originally Posted by reneponac
V6 hotness aside, if this happens (which it won't) it just proves that Carroll has sold out and will put his name on anything for the right $$. To compare these cars to the original Shelby concept is a joke.

I doubt he's worried about making an extra buck. He has enough money already.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:30 AM
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Here is Justins Car that ran a 10.8 On stock internals just a twin turbo kit.
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113370
Old 11-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

Originally Posted by Nic
Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can ever do to a V6 Mustang to make it get a little respect from most people.
fortunately, not everyone is small minded...I mean if a car can run 10.3 whats not to respect? In my opinion its more admirable to get big power out of an engine that is just supposed to be basic transportation. If you build a v6 mustang that is quicker than 90% of the gt's that takes ingenuity. and if it wasn't for ingenuity then everyone would have the same proven powerplant in their car.

Also just as a hypothetical situtation.

A video get posted on dragva
it shows a camaro v. a mustang at the drag strip.
there is music covering the sound of the cars.
the times get flashed at the end of the vid.
camaro 12.6 the mustang 10.3

what would be your reaction to the video?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Fact: A 4.6 has more potential, and produces more power than a 3.8. I could give a shit about ingenuity. If they had two MR2s, one with a 1zzfe and another with a 2zzge, I damn well wouldn't be running around with a 1zz. It's a fact, that the 2zz is a better motor. It's fact that a 4.6 is a better motor. If I could get a MR2 with a v8, I damn well wouldn't be running a 4-cylinder. I want the best powerplant I can get. I could give a shit about ingenuity. That's if you could call making an inferior econo motor fast when a better motor is offered ingenuity. I call it stupidity.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

people dont always buy a car with max power potential in mind its often just basic transporation. i certaintly dont think people should just sell there car and get the one with the better engine or swap the engine when they want a power level the engine they have can reach. if you can go 10's with the 6 and thats all ya want thats great im glad people dont always run the same shit. I cant wait til he gets his engine the way he wants it and walks all over v8's with it.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Kicking Ass

I bet it wasn't economical to make a 3.8 run 10s. But hey if your too lazy to sell your car, whatever.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

it was actually just as easy as it sounds with that car. if i'm not mistaken all it took was the turbo kit, some tire/suspension, tranny rebuild, and tuning and 10s were his.

i would be surprised if it cost more than $5000 not including the cost of the chassis. it wasn't free but then again, that's a lot less than most people spend to get a 10 second slip.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Kicking Ass

You'd be surprised? I'd bet money it cost more unless he was fabricating parts, tuning, etc himself. Everybody and their mother would be running 10 second 6s if it cost less than $5k.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:50 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

i believe the turbo kit was all his design, as well as the tuning (he has his own tuning outfit). the things that would cost the most would be the turbos, IC, associated accessories, then the tranny rebuild. for somebody like me with absolutely no pipe fabrication skills and limited tuning knowledge, it would cost much much more.

i think rice etr built his turbo kit for something ridiculous like 3000, doing all the fab and tuning work himself. that's an LS1 so it's a lot easier to run a number, but if i'm not mistaken it ran an 11.0 @ 128 on its first successful shakedown pass.

the main components of drag strip success are there: RWD, auto tranny, and boost.

but yes i agree 100%, it's much easier said than done, especially when it comes to tuning 17 psi in a PCM that was never meant to see boost.
Old 11-04-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brian T
You'd be surprised? I'd bet money it cost more unless he was fabricating parts, tuning, etc himself. Everybody and their mother would be running 10 second 6s if it cost less than $5k.

how so, there is a guy running 11's in a probe that he only had like 3-4k in. but you dont see everyone doing that.

Quick Reply: Shelby V6!