Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

spray paint

Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Ghost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: spray paint

pics? All these people that claim that it isn't that bad need to show proof.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Old 07-18-2006, 06:54 AM
Ghost

That car was painted with cans of spraypaint?? Any higher resolution pictures? That looks good, but how does it look under scrutiny?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:02 AM
the DA in HONDA

power_neo has a spectacular aura aboutpower_neo has a spectacular aura about

pics of the rattle can green filler primer...

Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MerF
That car was painted with cans of spraypaint?? Any higher resolution pictures? That looks good, but how does it look under scrutiny?
LOL, I don't know, I googled searched it. I don't really have any proof.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

UpSlideDown's car, if I had the patience it takes id definitely try it.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Originally Posted by Spindrift187

UpSlideDown's car, if I had the patience it takes id definitely try it.
Holy ding king!!! Looks good but could probably use a little more clear coat.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Yea, not bad for $80 though
Old 07-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Ghost

Is it rough to the touch? Then again, that's one of those drifter cars isn't it, so it's supposed to have duct tape and zipties anyway? They don't want good paint on them.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:23 AM
HIGH FIVE!

upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown

Originally Posted by MerF
Is it rough to the touch? Then again, that's one of those drifter cars isn't it, so it's supposed to have duct tape and zipties anyway? They don't want good paint on them.
Yeah, cause all 240sx's are drift cars The body kit was rattle canned (i.e. Front bumper, side skirts, and rear bumper) nothing else. It actually came out pretty nice. The key is to take your time prepping it. If it's not smooth to begin with, a thin layer of rattle can is gonna make it look worse. Most people that saw my car in person could not believe it was rattle can... I will say though, if you're doing a whole car, it's gonna take a metric shit ton of paint... It cost me $80-90 just to do the kit, between primer, paint, and clear. The car has 2 or 3 coats of paint, and 3 or 4 coats of clear, I don't remember exactly. I used Duplicolor. Whatever you do, don't use cheap paint. It will come out shitty, and your finger will hurt like a bitch 1/4 of the way through it. Duplicolor and Krylon both use the easy touch blue top. I would use anything without it. Also, wetsanding between coats helps it lay smoother as well. My main issue with spray paint, is it's very thin. On a street car, it will start chipping in no time. My front bumper has a ton of chips in it now. A lot of them came from the mountain run we did a while back, where I was behind a car of a mountain road all damn day...haha. Other than that, if you take your time, it can come out looking nice, but if you don't have patience, don't even think about it. Again, it will take a ton of paint to do an entire car, it may be worth it to take it to Maaco and let them shoot it with there cheapest paint package. Just depends on what you wanna do... Hope that helps.

EDIT: And no, it's not rough to the touch. It was wetsanded between coats, and wetsanded/handbuffed when it was finished. Before that, yeah, it was a little rough.

Quick Reply: spray paint